URGENT - SUBSCRIPTION AND DOMAIN PAYMENT

Tourist
10 0 0

Thanks Lulu,
the store is coming along fine when it comes to filling it with products, but all this other set up stuff is overwhelming, many details to worry about, so I'm sure I'll have more questions.
Let me just ask you this for now. I'm sure it's a stupid question but here it goes. You say "once you've made your first sale with Paypal"... How will the customer know that I'm accepting payments with Paypal if - at the moment of that first sale - my Paypal account doesn't exist?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 44 69

I am glad to hear it is coming along well, I know it can be overwhelming but we are always here to help! We also have this great blog - The Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist so be sure to check it out for lots of tips and tricks before launching your store. 

Once you have Paypal set up as a payment provider in your Shopify admin then it will come up as an option on the checkout. Be sure to complete some test orders before launching your store too so that you know how the whole process works. We have a guide here all about placing test orders in our help centre here too.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 0

I'm sorting my products into collections now, but I don't know how to make a collection "FEATURED" after I create it. 

There is an "explanation" here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/themes-by-shopify/debut#featured-collection-sections...

that begins with "Click the Sections tab", but there is no Sections tab.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 44 69

Hi, @EmirP.

I can give you the steps and screenshots from my test store to help you out further with this. If you go to Online Store > Themes > Customize on your Shopify admin, you will see this sidebar menu where you can click 'Add section'. 

2019-07-gcdqi-alhx3

Once you click 'Add section', you will see 'Featured collection' in the next screen and you can add it there and follow the rest of that guide. 

2019-07-yb6qb-dtwdc

Let me know if you need any more clarification or if you need any more help. If you would like a live, instant chat at any time then I would recommend reaching out on our live chat team here.

Kind regards,

Lulu

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi Lulu, my trial period was extended because I was waiting for some legal documents, and I'm planning to open my jazz t-shirts store on Monday, but I'm having problems with setting up the "business" side of settings, I hope you can help.

1) First of all, shipping. I'm working with Printful, so they will be shipping t-shirts from their fulfillment locations, yet my personal address is placed in the shopify settings as "shipping origin". How do I remove that and put Printul there instead?

2) I want to enable flat shipping rates. It seems that I have to do that by adding shipping zones first? Now, in my settings I have "Domestic - Austria" and "Rest of world" by default. Since Printful will not be sending shirts from Austria, I guess I should delete "domestic" option. How do I do that? And - because I want my products to ship worldwide - do I go to the "Rest of world" option and enable the flat rates in there? (Is "rest of world" a valid option at all? And does it include Austria now?) Or should I add shipping zones for every continent - Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Africa - is that what I should write? Is there such a thing as a list of shipping zones (not countries)? As you can see, I'm totally lost in this.

3) My store's currency - should it be Euros because I live in Austria? If my store's currency is Euro, does that mean that the customers from the US will not be able to purchase products? What does my choice in this matter entail?

4) It says "tax included" on the pages of my products. What tax is this?

5) I will receive payments through Paypal. So, in "PAYMENT CAPTURE" - should I choose "automatically" or "manually" ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 44 69

Hi, @EmirP!

In order for you to fully integrate the shipping information with Printful, you need to add a custom calculated shipping (CCS) package. It's an additional $20 per month for a monthly basic or professional plan. If you're on the annual or advanced plan, this package comes for free. In case you weren't aware, you can instantly save 10-20% on your total plan subscription costs by moving from monthly to annually or biennially! Once you have the CCS package activated, simply go to the Printful app and switch the live rate mode on. Your customers will be able to see the correct rate at the checkout point. Since you're using Printful as your shipping/fulfilment provider (you aren't shipping any products by yourself), I recommend you to move forward and add the CCS package. It allows you to have the live rates in your store from Printful.

In case if your store carries more than Printful products and you're concerned about which shipping rate will show when the customer checks out a combination of Printful and other products, don't forget to invest in shipping apps such as Better Shipping or Advanced Shipping Rules to differentiate the shipping rates shown at the checkout between what you are sending and what Printful is shipping. Printful have a really great FAQ page here that I recommend having a read of. 

Regarding your store currency, you can set this to whatever currency you want to receive your payouts in. You can add a multi-currency app like this one on your store and then no matter your customer's location, they can view your prices in their local currency.  

With the tax, you can manage that in your Shopify admin by clicking 'Settings' > 'Taxes'. You should always check with a local tax authority or a tax accountant to make sure that you charge your customers the correct sales tax rates, and to make sure you file and remit the taxes correctly. While we can't give too much advice on tax, we do have an excellent help centre guide here so definitely have a good read of that.

I would set the payment capture to automatic as is it the easiest, as when you're doing it manually, then you will have to capture the payment for each order before the authorization period for that order ends. You won't be able to collect any money for an order after the authorization period ends so I find automatically is best but it is a personal preference! 

I hope that helps you get ready for your launch on Monday! Such an exciting time. Let me know if you have any other questions and best of luck with the launch!

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 0

I don't understand - I want FLAT rates in my store (only Printful products) and yet I have to pay for this CUSTOM CALCULATED shipping package?

I still don't know what to do about that shipping zones issue.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 44 69

Yes to use Printful's rates you will need to activate the carrier calculated shipping. Please read Printful's FAQ page I linked above for more information. Printful adds their rates to your list, to avoid offering a shipping option that Printful does not offer, you should disable any other shipping rates in Shopify, except Printful's. Please check their help guide for more information.

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 0

Hello Lulu, I'm now finalizing my payment gateway, I wanted to replace my card in the shopify settings, but it says "unable to confirm - insufficient funds". My new business account is currently completely empty, so is it ok if I just deposit 5 dollars there? I suppose that all the system needs is to not see zero on the account?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
406 44 69

Hi, @EmirP!

I would add enough funds to cover the subscription amount as that is what the system is testing for. 

Let me know how you get on with that and if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes