URGENT Shopping Cart is Not Working!!!

Highlighted
4 0 0

I have had messages from quite a few customers to say they cannot add items to my shopping cart. Some customers are still able to shop and add to cart as normal while others cannot. I do not know what has happened as I have not changed anything with the cart and some are repeat customers who have ordered without any problems in the past.

Please help as this is having an impact on my business. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
499 32 83

Hello, @threadedneedle!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! I'm sorry to hear that your customers are having difficulty trying to place their online orders. Can you tell me more about what's happening and what your shop URL is? If the customers are receiving an error message - then be sure to let me know what that message is as well. 

Try looking for any trends happening with these customers that cannot put through orders.
For example:

• Are the customers unable to checkout located in the same country/state/province? Then this may be an issue with your shipping rates - you may not have a shipping rate set up for this particular location. 
  • Are the customers ordering the same items? If so, then that item may not have a weight set up in the product page of the Shopify Admin or the product may not have "This is a physical product" selected on the product page of your Admin.

What you can do is try to run a test order on your own to see if you spot any issues when putting through your order. To do this you can follow our step by step guide, here. Let me know if you have any difficulty when putting through your test order.

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Karli,

I have tried a test order myself and it works fine for me to order and also other people I know. However a few customers have tried and all have the same problem. All customers are located in the UK and some are customers which have ordered before so there should not be an issue. All products are set a physical products. This is happening on new products and older products which have not been updated for a while. 

my website URL is

https://www.threadedneedleeb.co.uk

Thank you,

Elysha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
499 32 83

Hello again, @threadedneedle!

Karlie here! Okay, are you customers able to add items to the cart but they aren't able to go through the checkout? Can you give me an example of a couple of products that people are having issues with purchasing? 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Karlie,

No they are not able to add items to the shopping cart. The items that people have tried to purchase but cannot add to the cart are listed below. 

Marl Grey Top Knot Hat 

Blue Confetti Top Knot Hat

Monochrome Cloud Top Knot Hat

Mint Green Leopard Top Knot Headband

Mint Green Leopard T-shirt

Hue of Blue Puffball Playsuit

Thank you,

Elysha

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I don’t think it is particularly the items. There seems to be an error with people purchasing anything. However some customers are completely fine. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
499 32 83

Hello, @threadedneedle !

Okay, thank you for getting back to me. I'm going to send you an email to the same email address you have attached to your Shopify Forums Community account. From there I can look into your shop for you and we can work on finding the reason why your customers are having difficulty. Be sure to reply back to that email so I can help you out. 

Thanks!

0 Likes