URLs including 'copy of xxx product'

Heather_Wilde
3 0 0

I had an email from my gateway/merchant account, it included several urls which needed my attention and I noticed a lot didn't just have the domain collection and product, after all that the urls say 'copy of whatever product'. I had to list manually each product for my store and for items in the same collection I did copy listing without pics as this reduced the overall listing time, but my urls look bad now. Is there any way this can be fixed, I can't see why it even does it, I just assumed the url would be the product title of the saved product, it this a bug or glitch? Thanks for any help in advance.

Just to advise, my store is of an adult nature.

0 Likes
Heather_Wilde
3 0 0

I've just found I can edit in seo for the listing, but I've got to do that with approx 2000 listings now...

0 Likes
Com102382
Tourist
3 0 8

I know this is an old thread, but I don't think Alexa explained well enough (or perhaps this wasn't the case initially) and have an effective solution. Only reason I'm replying to this old thread is because it's the top search result for this problem.

There *IS* a quick and easy way to update it. I couldn't find this anywhere on the forums so I hope this helps some people.

Go to Products -> All Products

Select All, then click Select All 50+

Click "Edit"

Remove all fields except for url handle

Click the first entry in the url handle field, scroll down to the bottom of the first page of 50, hold shift and click the last cell.

Hit 'DEL' and then your url handle title will be updated to the current title of the listing.

Click Save, it will update them all, click next page and repeat the above 3 steps of selecting and deleting the old url handles in bulk.

I just finished updating about 100 manually when I found this out, so I hope it saves you guys some time too.

trtstore
Tourist
4 0 1

Just experienced this problem about two days ago. ^This is the technique I used to correct listings also. But this really shouldn't be happening. Unfortunately Google indexed my site with the "copy of urls" and I'm now getting 404 errors on all the items that I fixed. This is really frustrating. I really don't understand why the duplicate item feature does this. Who knows how long it will take Google to reindex with the correct addresses? This is definitely affecting my sales. Not a happy Shopify customer right now.

0 Likes
Mimi1456
2 0 0

Thanks so much - You saved me a lot

0 Likes