USDZ file.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I am exploring with 3d models in my product page, in the media section, I can upload the .glb 3d file to see it in AR and as a 3d model in a computer, but when I try to upload the .usdz file in the media section, it says that the file is not supported. So I am wondering, where should I upload that file so I can have the AR experience on IOS devices?

Alan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Also wondering this, iOS doesn't seem to be able to display GLB files unless I'm missing something?

Just had a look at the documentation & here (https://shopify.dev/tutorials/manage-product-media-with-admin-api) it states that the 3D model asset can be retrieved in GLB and USDZ formats (see below), can't seem to see how though. Any ideas?

Model3dA 3D model provided in the GLB format. The asset can be retrieved in GLB and USDZ formats. The file size must be 15 MB or smaller.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi kierobinson1

So it happens to be that Shopify converts the .glb file automatically into a USDZ file, once you upload the 3d model into your product page.
There is no information about this anywhere, I just figured out by trial and error.

Hope it helps!

Alan

0 Likes