USPS Scan Form

Highlighted
1 0 2

The people working at my local post office are getting pissed at me nowadays because I come in with 10+ packages to get scanned at a time and when they ask me for a scan sheet, all I can really say is "sorry my platform doesn't offer one".    As a software developer myself, it seems like this is a simple enough feature request and required by so many users as a necessary one that I don't understand why Shopify doesn't just bake this in rather than pointing people to third party apps.  Please please please add this functionality!

2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
419 25 131

Hi, @phozee

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. Thank you for reaching out with this feedback, and welcome to the Shopify Community. 

We really appreciate you sharing these details about your experience with shipping out your orders. I understand how having a scan sheet would streamline and improve this process for your business, so I would really like to share your thoughts and your specific feedback with our developers. Our teams are always working to build and improve our platform, so this type of information is really helpful for us to receive. 

I will share this information with our teams today, and hopefully they can look into the possibility of offering this addition to our platform in the future. If our teams do release this feature, we will share this information on our changelog and also on our Announcements page to ensure that our merchants are kept in the loop. 

Please let me know if you have any other feature requests, or if any other questions or concerns arise, and I'll be glad to help out further. 

Thank you again for sharing this feedback! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 12

I might be a little late on this thread, but I wanted to give you all a head's up in case you're still struggling with this... I have been searching for the same solution for quite some time, and have been pretty disappointed to see that only paid app options are available through Shopify. I'm with all of you in that this is a BASIC functionality that shouldn't require us to pay an outside app developer a monthly fee to be able to print a sheet of paper. But I digress...

Just now, I found that PirateShip (https://apps.shopify.com/pirate-ship) links with your shopify store and makes it easy to create the SCAN forms. They have the same rates as Shopify, but they don't charge to use the service. I am just getting my shop up and running so I haven't had to process a TON of orders, but I wanted to let you all know about this option! Hope it helps someone else looking around for this!!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Ever figure this out? Same issue here

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
419 25 131

Hi, @clownholeclown!

Thank you for reaching out to inquire further about this. 

We're still accepting feedback on this request, and I can certainly submit another piece of feedback to our teams regarding this on your behalf. If we have any updates to share on this, we will post these on our changelog and our Announcements page, so please make sure to keep an eye out there. 

If any other Community members would like to submit feedback on this as well, please reply to me here with your .myshopify.com URL. Once I submit your feedback, I will 'like'  your post to indicate that your thoughts have been shared with our teams. 

Thanks! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

This is seriously ridiculous.

Shopify doesn't provide so many of the items that our 15 year old eCommerce platform used to. The only reason we switched to Shopify was that we heard all these great things about its functionality and its SEO features, and then we discovered we had to buy apps to get any of them.

Having used it for a year, I feel like it is sadly lacking in the basics and their team is more focused on creating bells and whistles that they can tout to the media than actually listening to their eCommerce customers about what they truly need to run a successful business.

They are spending more time right now on press shouting about the fact that they are a solution for enterprise customers who want to move their business online, than supporting the needs of their current customers.

I'm tired of being told there's an app for that. Why should I have to pay $50 a month every time I need some functionality that should be built in to a basic eCommerce platform.

An end of day scan sheet is necessary functionality. A pick and pack list is another. I could create a list of at least twenty items that are necessary and we need right now, but I don't have any sense that anyone at Shopify would listen to a word I have to say. 

Every time I call support the answer I get is "Oh, nobody has ever asked for that".

Maybe they could try asking their customers, instead of developing in a vacuum. Has anyone here ever even received a survey about their Shopify experience or the items they need to be successful? We certainly haven't.

If you can't already tell, yes, we are actively looking at other solutions. We're on track to double our revenue this year, and frankly at this point Shopify is just slowing us down.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 11
You described it perfectly.

How about discounts?? I want to exclude 5 items from a discount code but include the other 2300 items in my store......I have to manually select 2295 items that are to be included in the discount code.
No option to just simply select all items and then say to exclude those 5 items........

5 seconds of work.....versus an hour. 🤔🤔

Open orders show up to 50 orders....then it just says 50+ orders.......are high volume sellers just not important to know the exact number of open orders at any given time??

I really hope people read up on Shopify before they waste so much time and money on something that is so lacking on basic features. Their fix for everything is to go spend money on unreliable apps that dont sync properly. Then the app points its finger at shopify and shopify points its finger at the app......leaving us, the paying customer, stranded with no legitimate support.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Totally agree, Matt.

Those items are on our functionality list also. And we have also had exactly the same experience using Shopify Apps that are supposedly approved in the APP store. Half of them don't work and we have to remove them and pay a developer to clean things up after they have screwed up the coding on our theme.

And what's with the arbitrary "You can only create 20 packing lists at a time"? And why do I have to go to create a label before I create a packing list?

It wouldn't be that hard to let me print packing lists from the first screen of orders. If you're going to show me 50 why cant I select all and create packing lists for all? Even better, why cant I just create a pick and pack list from there?

Shopify is talking so much about how they are helping small businesses get online during this Coronavirus crisis, when in reality their functionality only really works for micro businesses, or business who sell 30 - 40 items a month, not businesses that sell 200+ items a day.

USPS doesn't want to pick up from businesses with more than 35 orders that don't provide a scan sheet. That means the business has to take their parcels to a local post office and have them scanned there.

How many small businesses want to expose their team to that now that we're all try to shelter in place?

Thanks Shopify for NOT supporting small businesses that are still active and trying to provide employment for their teams while maintaining their safety.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Same problem!! USPS doesn’t want to deal with my drop offs because of the lack of a scan sheet. I’m still on trial. I think I’m going to have to look for another platform.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
419 25 131

Hi, everyone. 

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback on this. I understand the frustration this has caused, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and outlining how this has impacted your own unique businesses. 

At the moment, we're still collecting feedback on this, and the information I shared here is still the most up-to-date: 

We're still accepting feedback on this request, and I can certainly submit another piece of feedback to our teams regarding this on your behalf. If we have any updates to share on this, we will post these on our changelog and our Announcements page, so please make sure to keep an eye out there. 

If any other Community members would like to submit feedback on this as well, please reply to me here with your.myshopify.com URL. Once I submit your feedback, I will 'like'  your post to indicate that your thoughts have been shared with our teams. 

With this in mind, if you'd like me to pass along your feedback to our teams about this, please make sure to include your .myshopify.com URL in your reply back to me. 

In the meantime, I recommend checking out some apps like Shippo and Shipstation to help with printing scan sheets. While I understand using paid apps may not be the most ideal option for every business, many businesses have had success with these alternatives. 

Additionally, if you're located in the United States, this help document includes more information on how to schedule package pickups, as this may be more convenient than dropping packages off at a post office. 

Thank you again for your input and recommendations! 

0 Likes