USPS Scan Form

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Well, I can tell you that I just got off the phone with USPS here in Spring /The Woodlands Texas, and they have about had it with me too. The do pickup for us and we have 30-50 packages a day now and they are not scanning them anymore. They said that we need to have a sheet. So, what is the issue. EVERYONE but Shopify offers this. EVERYONE..I mean..even the dippy sites...so come on guys...it takes no effort to produce a report on labels

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2
This is a feature our shop has been asking for since 2015, with no luck. Shopify's shipping platform is unusable for our business without it - the postal workers refuse to scan more than a few packages at a time. Shopify, if you want to make your smaller customers really happy, this is one of the best changes you could make. It'll save me money every month on not having to pay for a third party app, and make all the work my staff puts into making sure our products' weight and shipping info is kept up to date worth the payroll time.
2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
We have the same problem. It’s absurd, because scanning packages takes two seconds, and we’re a small business. But we occasionally have 15 or 20 packages in a day, and the people at the post office are getting very salty. It makes shipping ... much less fun.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 18

Yeah this is pretty pathetic on Shopify's part. I tried the Pirate Ship app but it's far too basic. If you have more than one box size going out in one day, it's useless. Any other ideas? Is there a manual way to make a USPS SCAN form?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

There isn't a way to create a manual end of day USPS Scan Form.

We are going back to using ShipStation. We used them for many years but stopped when we started using Shopify as we thought Shopify would have all the functionality that we needed. We also thought that Shopify's shipping rates would be better than using ShipStation. Now ShipStation has a great deal with UPS and they are passing those rates back to their customers so their rates for USPS and UPS are now just as good, if not better than Shopify's.

They correct addresses for you much better than Shopify does (using Google Maps to catch address issues is pretty much worthless). ShipStation uses the USPS API to make corrections, which is critical if you are also selling on Amazon, as Amazon can't seem to catch incorrect addresses to save its life. We also get better reports on our shipping costs. ShipStation's rates are also way better than Etsy's so once we figure out how to pull all orders from everywhere into ShipStation to process we will be all set. For a Scan Sheet and everything else.

I'm guessing Shopify makes money on every App they promote and work with, but they will be losing our shipping revenue after this which is not insignificant, but they don't seem to care.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Please please add this feature.  Our shop is https://cat-and-raven-designs.myshopify.com/ (our normal URL is just http://www.catandravendesigns.com ).  For anyone trying to run a business shipping more than a handful of packages at a time, this feature is ESSENTIAL for our ability to work with our local post office.  As someone who converted over from Etsy (who has the ability to print out a scan sheet by the way), it feels woefully inadequate and out of touch with your customer base that Shopify doesn't offer this built in.  I don't want to have to use a paid app to get Shopify's shipping to work properly so please for the love of all that is, don't link me another paid app to fix a problem with base level Shopify.  I want to work with Shopify, not a third party.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Agree 100%.

And as half the apps in the Shopify store don't work as promised anyway, it becomes a game of trial and and you end up paying for stuff that doesn't work, or worse breaking your site while you try it out.

Shopify spends way too much time passing the app development to third parties that they don't even vet properly, rather than providing tools itself that actually benefit its users.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! I was wondering if there had been any update here as there are several threads discussing this -- I am having issues with the intial scan for my customers at the post office, and the Post Office requested a Scan Form. Has Shopify been able to integrate yet? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Not that I've heard.  Folx have been asking for this feature for a very long time now and it still hasn't been included.  I don't have strong hopes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I need this as well!  

1 Like