USPS scan form

Solved
webdiva
2 0 1

Yes I  would pay for a plugin at this point. 

Kurtis_Van_Kamp
Excursionist
21 0 10

Thank you so much for your input, I was 90% done on this when i found out Shopify was working on it.  Thus I stopped.  Unfortunately it was weeks ago, and no progress on shopifys behalf. 

However, with that said, I am not going to proceed with an app for this for shopify if they are doing one, if i do, i will not reap any benefit from it as they will just pull the carpet out from under me.

I cant believe how long it is taking though.  I had a proto working in less than a day, they have been working on it for 2 months with a "team" of programmers, and are still not done.

It really is a no brainer, the API and tools from the USPS to do this are very straight forward, and they have taken care of all the hard stuff.  But, I suppose if you are on a programming team with a few dozen people, working for a company with over a 100 billion market cap, making a huge salary, and a big organization that no longer know what reality is, I would probably sit there and clutch my coffee as well, while pondering this 2-4 hour problem (with half a dozen other people) and dream about my stock options instead of getting anything done as well.

Can you blame them?

0 Likes
HBCUPrepSchool
1 0 1

Any update on the creation of Shopify's own USPS scan sheet? USPS continues to give pushback at the counter to scan and give a receipt without this feature.

HBCU Prep School

Tfields05
Excursionist
24 0 8
Go else where Shopify is not adding this it’s been a decade they do not care
0 Likes
KShop
1 0 1

The shipping manifest app is currently being rolled out to select stores in beta testing. If you have a store that is high volume, you most likely have the feature for beta testing! Check your shop if you have it.

Here is the link where Shopify talks more in detail about the feature.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/shopify-shipping/shipping-labels/manifests

SgalloTN
2 0 0

Just installed the app. Got 55 packages to go out. we'll see how it goes!  

0 Likes
Tfields05
Excursionist
24 0 8
Nope don’t have and others don’t as well this is something that should be offered at the end of the day they beta testing and it’s been 20 years since people asking for this Shopify knows better
0 Likes
webdiva
2 0 1

I just installed it as well, fingers crossed it works!  

0 Likes
jpstonehouse
Tourist
7 0 4

It worked!

I tried it with a few orders on Saturday and they accepted the scan form.

0 Likes

I was able to install it as well. Have not tested it yet. But no issues accessing the installation link. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
0 Likes