Solved

Will there be an end-of-day scan form feature on Shopify?

haircrown
Visitor
2 0 16

Will Shopify ever plan on adding end-of-day scan form feature??? 

Accepted Solution (1)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone, 

As mentioned in this thread already, there is an update on this feature now. 

We’re happy to share that you can now generate a SCAN Form for USPS shipping labels purchased with Shopify Shipping using the free Shipping Manifests app. For those who are not aware, when you generate a SCAN Form for a batch of shipments, USPS scans one barcode on the form to accept all of those shipments instead of scanning each package individually.  Learn more about how to create SCAN Forms on Shopify

Thanks again all for your feedback

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 119 (119)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone, 

As mentioned in this thread already, there is an update on this feature now. 

We’re happy to share that you can now generate a SCAN Form for USPS shipping labels purchased with Shopify Shipping using the free Shipping Manifests app. For those who are not aware, when you generate a SCAN Form for a batch of shipments, USPS scans one barcode on the form to accept all of those shipments instead of scanning each package individually.  Learn more about how to create SCAN Forms on Shopify

Thanks again all for your feedback

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

crownjeweled
Visitor
1 0 0

Not working, gives an error message. 

Manifests are temporarily unavailable

Please try again later. If this issue persists, contact shipping-support@shopify

sglazer770
Tourist
4 0 5

Check you user permissions, as I had to add app permissions to make it work for my shipping department

Pine_Street_Cli
Tourist
10 0 0

Unfortunately, the SCAN feature Shopify has a huge flaw which makes it unusable: According to Shopify's own documentation, if you void any labels during the day, these labels will appear on the SCAN form and you will be charged for them. And according to Shopify Support, there is currently no way to remove labels from the SCAN form, so if you ever have a day when you void any labels, you simply cannot use a SCAN form that day.

myhealthywoe
Excursionist
25 0 12

This is a joke rite?

Sharon_B
Pathfinder
104 1 36

I don't think this issue has to do with Shopify. I believe it is
USPS regulation, and is true on scan forms from anywhere. (May be
wrong but from my research that is what it looks like.)

What I find more of a problem with Shopify shipping is that you
can't designate a "shipping from zip code." (Desired when your
return address is a PO Box but you are shipping from a residence.) Every
other shipper I've used has allowed us to easily add that info to
the labels. An issue because it might make it more difficult for the
carrier to get credit for the pickups, but also could be a problem
when a package gets lost.

OaksBowCO
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks for this info! I'm having a hard time finding this app. is it still available?

Cancerz32
Tourist
3 0 21
Yes you have to create the form in your Shopify store. Shipping manifest is the app. 

inBrightTech
Shopify Partner
1 0 9

Bump.

This is a most for any store that ships 15+ packages a day in the USA.

SheMugs
Tourist
5 0 17

I have been searching for the same solution for quite some time, and have been pretty disappointed to see that only paid app options are available through Shopify. I'm with all of you in that this is a BASIC functionality that shouldn't require us to pay an outside app developer a monthly fee to be able to print a sheet of paper. But I digress...

Just now, I found that PirateShip (https://apps.shopify.com/pirate-ship) links with your shopify store and makes it easy to create the SCAN forms. They have the same rates as Shopify, but they don't charge to use the service. I am just getting my shop up and running so I haven't had to process a TON of orders, but I wanted to let you all know about this option! Hope it helps someone else looking around for this!!

HITERRY
Visitor
2 0 1

I tried Pirate Ship but they would not accept my small boxes. Minimum 6x3x.25 too bad was hoping to try them.

BritPinkTag
Tourist
4 0 30

ANy updates here?  So frustrating not being able to do this without learning a new app.  Shipstation is total overklill.  PirateShip doesn't really work for stores with lots of different types of inventory and weights.

DREW7
Excursionist
17 1 8

No horse in the game (not affiliated with Pirate Ship) but we've used them exclusively for over 30,000 orders and haven't had any issues.  My biggest concern is privacy with a free app, but their privacy policy covers it (plus shop is supposed to vet anyone on the app store...though we know nothings perfect).  Would recommend using SHOP for return labels, as you aren't charged for them unless they are used, which is NOT the case with PS. 

Just a few things to be aware of if you use PS or ANY USPS scan sheet....

- The scan sheet is more for USPS than YOU. 

Why?  They sell it as simple and now your customers know it's been accepted and in USPS hands. But...the package/shipment is NOT formally accepted by USPS until the NEXT Scan. (meaning it is not insured/not recognized as in USPS system formally until the NEXT scan after the scan sheet). 

Sounds like no big deal, but if you ship 100's of items a day, it's not uncommon to have several shipments/trackers  that you KNOW went out and were on the scan sheet, fall through the cracks.  Meaning 5 days later it still shows USPS pending acceptance and hasn't moved.  You call USPS and figure out it's a complete waste of time....so you need to re-send something.  The issue is that it's not insured and not recoverable because it was never officially scanned. 

So...if your on a tight budget and only sending out 5-25 things a day, just make them scan them when they pick them up.  

webcoder0001
Tourist
13 0 0

unfortunately they are not providing this feature for now, i suggest you to check shippo app for scan solution,

Tfields05
Excursionist
24 0 8
Shippo is garbage like Shopify for nor listening to the ones that pay them to do business 300k a year and y’all still won’t provide that simple thing that we need

BrandonSPX
Shopify Partner
41 0 33

Bump. This is desperately needed. When we do our next major site revamp this is going to be one of those sticking points that I will have a hard time selling to my team.

73lake
Visitor
2 0 12

USPS Scan forms are about to roll out!! I recently made a feedback comment about it on Shopify, and I was invited to test the BETA, so this is finally happening 👍

TCTBB
Tourist
10 0 6
OMG FINALLY!
freemanscreativ
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm worried this is going to be too little too late for those of us trying to get through this holiday season. About half of our packages that were picked up by USPS this week were not scanned in/not being tracked.  I think we might have to switch systems right at the busiest time of year just get the scan sheets...

sglazer770
Tourist
4 0 5

73Lake From above post: Have you actually seen and /or used the beta yet that you were invited to participate in?