USPS scan form

2 0 5

Will Shopify ever plan on adding end-of-day scan form feature??? 

4 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
88 10 16

Hi, @haircrown

Emma here from Shopify. Welcome to the community! 

This request has definitely been raised before, and I understand that it's a feature that many merchants would love to see implemented. I've gone ahead and added your feedback to a feature request that our developers will be looking at. We're always trying to find ways to improve Shopify, so we thank you for sharing your feedback! I wish I could give you a guarantee, or a timeline, however all I can offer is my assurance that our development team will absolutely take this into consideration. 

In the meantime, have you considered a shipping app such as Shippo or ShipStation? These apps do allow for scan sheets, so depending on your current shipping strategy, they could be an option for your business. 

Let us know if you'd like to discuss this further! 

All the best, 

Emma | Shopify Social Care 

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 4

I too NEED a SCAN form! My post office has been very kind but they are frustrated with me because I drop about 60 packages a day at the post office (one day it was around 200) without a scan sheet. When I tell them that the platform I use doesn't offer one I get a look like I must be an idiot or can't figure out how to print one! UGH! 

Seriously—this seems to be an issue for quite some time. 

4 Likes
Explorer
41 1 24

This is a major issue that, as far as we're concerned, is being ignored by Shopify.  For something as simple as this, saying for years that you'll pass it on to developers and never actually do it is unsatisfactory and quite frankly, not very smart.  Does not Shopify make more money when people use Shopify shipping to purchase labels?  There are many businesses, like ours, who would use Shopify shipping to purchase all labels if they would just add this one simple feature.

5 Likes
1 0 3
We are shipping 3000 packages a day and Shopify can’t give us the option to print a scan sheet is ridiculous. We are having to scan these packages at the post office in order for the post office to take them. Sounds like we all need to use a different platform.
3 Likes
Highlighted

Another vote for this.

Insane to find this isn't an option; hadn't had a need for it prior, but just assumed it would be included. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
2 Likes
1 0 3

Bump.

This is a most for any store that ships 15+ packages a day in the USA.

3 Likes
Explorer
41 1 24

Seriously.  This isn't simply a feature request.  This is a NEED for ecommerce because of how USPS operates.  It is pointless to even offer shipping at all if this feature is absent.  This is the only thing holding us back from switching completely over to Shopify Shipping.

2 Likes
Tourist
21 0 3

Same here, I thought I would give shopify shipping a chance to try and save some money by dropping stamps.com but bringing a few bags of shipments to the post office without a scan form is stupid.  Normally I walk into the back area and dump my packages and then hand them my scan form and i'm done.  

with shopify I dump the packages and hope that they all get scanned at some point.  it's a liability, if USPS looses a package you have no acceptance scan to show you dropped it off.  so instead of USPS being liable i'm on the hook.  

I'll keep paying the $15/month until shopify figures out how to offer a basic feature.  its a shame though because shopify shipping is easy to print labels and packing slips all in one.  

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 8

I have been searching for the same solution for quite some time, and have been pretty disappointed to see that only paid app options are available through Shopify. I'm with all of you in that this is a BASIC functionality that shouldn't require us to pay an outside app developer a monthly fee to be able to print a sheet of paper. But I digress...

Just now, I found that PirateShip (https://apps.shopify.com/pirate-ship) links with your shopify store and makes it easy to create the SCAN forms. They have the same rates as Shopify, but they don't charge to use the service. I am just getting my shop up and running so I haven't had to process a TON of orders, but I wanted to let you all know about this option! Hope it helps someone else looking around for this!!

5 Likes