USPS scan form

Excursionist
11 0 12

This is not a feature we would like to have, it's a required feature by UPS and USPS to ship packages

3 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 5

it really is, I told the USPS guy that my new system doesn't offer scan forms and he said "sounds like a pretty $hitty system". . . and he's right.  The actual shipping is good and the UPS rates are competitive but no scan form is a huge deal.  I've see the other posts about it and it seems the standard response is we are looking into it.  hopefully it's "looked into" soon as a ecommerce giant it shouldn't be an issue.

1 Like
Explorer
41 1 27

I agree this should definitely be a part of shopify.  This is an issue which is not a luxury, but a requirement to ship more than a couple of packages.  By the time you start doing 5 or more packages a day, USPS gets very upset very quickly and it makes our organization look bad, so we've been forced to continue using other solutions.  Why offer Shopify shipping at all and waste the time and money on developing the features if you are not going to include an essential feature like this, without which it is impossible to do business beyond 5 or so orders a day?  

For those looking for a good and free solution with rates better than Shopify's, who also used calculated rates at checkout (if you pay for your shopify subscription annually or have the $299/mn shopify plan or higher).  It is called easyship and it is free to use.  They have USPS, Fedex, UPS, DHL, Canada Post, Sf Express, and several other international carrier all at great rates.  We use them in part right now and intend to switch to them fully soon.  And yes, they have usps scan forms. 

The only drawbacks are they do not have a picklist feature (but there is a $5/mn app in the appstore that does this) and you have to enter correct imensions for all of your products (which is why it is taking us a while to switch; we have 4000+ products and a small team of around 15 people that man two physical stores, an office, and two warehouses; it is hard to get the time to measure our product dimensions and enter them.)

That being said, we would rather just use Shopify and not have to use outside third party apps for shipping when all they would need to do is add the USPS scan form for us to switch to them instead of easyship!

1 Like
2 0 0
Emma at Shopify. Back in February the subject of scan forms was raised and backed up by numerous folks informing Shopify of the important of this feature to the growth and longevity of their businesses. If Shopify is truly committed to supporting its customers WHY has this feature not been added yet, its already 10 months!! The lack of scan forms is a gaping hole in your service.
0 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 5
I'm no longer using shopify's shipping service even though it was very simple. There's just to much liability in handing over packages to the post office without them scanning anything. My post office won't even do it for large drop offs, they just say drop it in the bin and we will get to it. Now I have a pickup and the guy picks up the packages and scans the form and we are all good. I still want Shopify to get the scam form though because I like the system.

Shopify, let me know when that happens, I'll use you again!
0 Likes
2 0 0
Which system did you settle on?
0 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 5
For USPS I'm using stamps.com with shipstation and UPS is either worldship or Shopify. Only issue I have with Shopify Ups is you have no control for calling back an item. I recently had a customers package delayed by UPS for a few days and my customer was leaving the country so I wanted to do an intercept and get it back to me. Well with Shopify there's no way to do that. Luckily UPS delivered on the morning he was leaving so all was okay
0 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 5

correction, i'm now using pirate ship.  Not the best solution for higher volume stores but so far for our volume it's been great.  

0 Likes
Explorer
41 1 27

Still think easyship has the best rates and service, if you're looking.  We still use Shipstation (and easyship on the side) because we haven't made the whole switch over to easyship yet (things like this take time for our organization).

When we do use easyship, the process is easy and inexpensive.

The downside of pirateship is that they only have USPS.  Shipstation's primary downside is that it isn't free; it's $45 per month plus $5 for each additional user for the plan we use.  Also, Shipstation's rates are not quite as good as Shopify, so in some instances we lose money on shipping because customers are being charged according to shopify's rates.

I never really liked shippingeasy or shippo based on research for them, so never tried them.

I recommend easyship primarily.

Though, it goes without saying, I would prefer to not have to use a third party software at all and instead just use shopify.....but they have to get that scan form.  We have moved (or will be moving) everything to operating through Shopify (our online store, amazon store, eBay store, and will be using Shopify POS by this time next year) except for shipping because of this stupid scan form issue!

Come on, Shopify.  We want to put all of our business with you.  Get with it!

1 Like
2 0 0

Why are we still talking about this?  Black Friday loaded us up with packages and I have to look at my postman like an idiot.  

Either implement this or we will go somewhere else... tick. tock.

0 Likes