USPS scan form

Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 37

Another +1 for this.  We've been using Shippo for a couple years and it allows for the creation of manifests (USPS scan forms).  I was re-considering switching to Shopify shipping mostly since we would have complete control over the content of our packing slips and invoices - functionality that Shippo is completely lacking in.  But if Shopify does not have the ability to create USPS scan forms, that lack of functionality is a complete deal breaker for us.  Our postal folks absolutely expect this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Come on Emma/Shopify, it's now been almost a year and you guys still haven't implemented this very basic and simple feature, that's so crucial for ANY e-commerce store to have!

We just yesterday had our packages get taken off the counter at USPS by an employee who figured we'd left a scan sheet with the front desk and all the packages were scanned, now we're going through a mess trying to figure out where all these packages are because NONE have been scanned into the system, yet nobody seems to know where they are. And USPS keeps asking "are you sure you guys dropped off the packages" which leaves us liable and responsible for any of the packages not found!!
This really is a feature rather simple to code into Shopify's system. Why they haven't done it yet it's anybody's guess
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 8
While Shopify shipping is easier I've been really happy with Pirate ship for the last few weeks. We've saved so much on our small but heavy packages by using priority cubic. I used to use UPS for small/heavy stuff but this is way cheaper. I don't think I'll go back to Shopify shipping anymore unless they offer cubic
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Emma,

Clearly you can see by the responses that this is not an optional feature but a necessity if you are doing any kind of volume.  I am kind of shocked that the feature does not exist and more shocked at the lack of responses to folks over the last year.   I have looked at several of the 3rd party apps and none seem to simply solve the problem.  Today I need to start exploring options for another platform for our business.   I must be missing something - because I am not sure why Shopify does not see the essential need for a scan sheet and how it will hurt your business. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 8
Im really happy with Pirate ship, USPS cubic is saving us so much money on the small/heavy packages
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the recommendation.  I will check them out.  I reported this manifest report need to shopify today.  I spoke with Sarah F.  Hopefully Shopify will implement it this year.  That would be great.  The last thing I want is ANOTHER app to pay for.  geeze.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any updates on this (USPS Scan Form)? When is it going to be available?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 8
Most likely never... People have been asking for it since 2017

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Shopify-and-the-USPS-SCAN-Form/td-p/307477

It's a basic function, my post office expects it when you drop off a large volume so Shopify shipping is t going to happen for us. I would have upgraded my plan to include the cubic pricing but what's the use when I have to trust the post office to accept 40 packages without losing some. Without an acceptance I'm liable for the lost package even if it is insured.

Pirate ship is kinda clunky but it learns the weights of common purchases so it's getting better
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
It sounds like never. Shopify doesn't care. Your best bet is to go with
an app like shipstation. We're using pirate ship which is free but it has
it's setbacks because you cannot use it if you need to split the order
between two shipping locations.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 8
I just enter the address manually for the first address and fill that in Shopify then proceed as normal in pirate ship for the second half. It's rare for us but I could see it being a problem if you have to do it often.

Same for shipping multiple packages like on backorders or pre orders
0 Likes