Unable To Purchase Shipping Labels

Highlighted
2 0 0
It says my shop cannot purchase shipping labels and I just got my first actual paid order that I guaranteed would be shipped off today. I’m confused and need an answer as to what the reasons could be so I know if I should discontinue my trial.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 20 29

Hi, @Wildcards!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I totally appreciate wanting to manage your first order in a timely manner. I'm happy to help you with the issue you're facing. In order to determine what's going on here, I'm going to need some additional information from you. Can you please provide the following information: 

• Have you been able to purchase shipping labels successfully previously on your account? 
  • What step are you being stopped at (what is the last button you can press, and when does the process not let you continue)?
  • Are you receiving any error messages from Shopify? If so, please take a screenshot and provide it here. 

Once I have the above information, we will be better equipped to say what is possibly going on here. If you could please reply directly to this forum post with the requested information, I'll be glad to continue assisting you. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Before that message, After I clicked “Buy shipping label”. It told me error, shipping label can’t be purchased. Then I logged out and logged in to try again and when I pressed “Shipping”. It told me my store can’t do shipping and to contact Shopify ship operations.

This was my first time buying a shipping label, I haven’t purchased shipping labels before as this was my first paid order.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Was there ever a resolve for this?

I am currently experiencing the same issue during the same point in the process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
No they didn’t resolve it, I just found another way since they didn’t respond.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Well that's good.

I'm still trying to figure this all out. First sell and can't seem to get around it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
While waiting for a response from Shopify customer service. You can go directly through the delivery service or shipping services like Endicia for the time being and then add on the tracking number or mark it as fulfilled for the order in your store. Shopify just has a discount that saves a few cents or dollars. But If you really want the Shopify discount as soon as possible you can create a temporary store for shipping until the issue is resolved.

Congratulations on your first sell and I hope you find a way to resolve the issue.
0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks for the insight!

If I am dropshipping do the shipping labels come from me or the supplier? This is the part I'm stuck on. Am I worried about the shipping label part or am I just needing to communicate the purchase order to the supplier and it gets taken care of on their end? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
No problem and if you are drop shipping the supplier handles the shipping. All you’re responsible for is processing the order which is purchasing the product from the supplier through your app and putting the shipping address of the customer.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3
This is wild. How can we have a online store and pay minimum $30 per month yet we are running into issues like this? We can’t even purchase shipping labels. It’s ridiculous.
2 Likes