I started my store from the country of my current residence but later found out that I might need to change it to US.
But when I try to do that, Country Dropdown is disabled by default and asks me to Remove Shopify Payments.
When I try to uncheck / remove current Shopify Payment methods i cant uncheck or remove all of them.
its getting frustrating how to do that
Hi there @mashook!
Don here from Shopify.
If you wish to change the country your store is based in, it would first be necessary to deactivate your payment gateway fully before making that change and then looking to sign up to use another gateway in that new country.
If you're using Shopify Payments, you can deactivate this in the settings > payments menu in your admin.
Just head there and click on 'Manage' and scroll to the bottom where you will see the option to deactivate this gateway.
You should then be able to proceed to settings > general, where you can change the store country.
Bear in mind, to use a gateway in a different country you will need to apply to use that gateway again, and at least in the case of Shopify Payments, there would be several things you need to provide.
It would be necessary for you to share:
* Government-issued photo ID
* A Tax ID in the United States:
- EIN if you are LLC/Corp
- SSN if you are is Sole Proprietor
* Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
* Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing they are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address), or more, at Risk's discretion.
* A USD checking account, opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this.
If you can provide those documents and info, you can apply to use Shopify Payments as based in the US.
Can I ask why you would need to make that change?
Are you looking to sell to a different market or is there another motivating factor at work here?