Unable to Log into store

Jay_Peachland
1 0 0

Upon logging in to Shopify and trying to access my store. I get an error message:

"We were unable to authenticate you You must confirm your account before logging in." 

Clicking the login button leads me back to the same page, I've attached a screenshot. 

I haven't had any emails or notifications to verify my account. Any help would be appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 12.21.37.png

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
685 68 90

Hey, @Jay_Peachland!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand you're running into some issues trying to log into your account. I'm happy to help out with this! Thank you for sending over that screenshot, as that greatly helps me understand the problem you're running into. The fact that clicking the log in button is looping you back to the same page tells me that there is something odd happening here. For that reason, I believe our best first step is to try some local troubleshooting steps. Here's what I recommend trying: 

• Check your browser for any available updates and complete them if able
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies (https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic)
  • Access your shop in a private / incognito browsing session and try again
  • Try in an alternate browser and complete the above steps again
  • Try on an alternate device and complete the above steps again

Please give those steps a shot and reply back here to let me know the results. If you continue to run into the same issue, then please let me know and we can take a closer look together! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
CarlaBase
1 0 0

Hello!

I have some updates I need to make on our website but I can not log into my Shopify account. 

It puts my in a loop where I have to "Log in" over and over again, but it keeps bugging and sends me back to the same page. 

Starting to go mad. Have tried all your tips Ash, but they do not work. Why is this happening?

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 09.38.12.png

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
685 68 90

Hey, @CarlaBase!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community, and to this thread.

I understand you're experiencing some issues with logging into your account, and I'm happy to help out with this. Thank you for trying the steps in my above post first, that helps us rule out some potential causes. At this point, in order to take a closer look, our team will need to authenticate you on the account in question and access your account from the back end. In order to proceed with this step, I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply to that email, and once I hear back we can proceed from there. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
harriermcqueen
2 0 0

@Ash I am also experiencing this issue all of a sudden, tried multiple browsers etc. Seems to only be happening on one site that I manage, the others seem to work as expected.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.47.33 PM.png

0 Likes
harriermcqueen
2 0 0

If anyone else has this issue, after contacting support they said they couldn't help and to have the owner remove and then re-add my account.

0 Likes
BargainHunters
1 0 0

Hello.  I had the same issue, tried everything listed and it did not resolve my issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes