Unable to access domain

Highlighted
3 0 0

I bought a domain name from Shopify more than a month ago and immediately after that I changed the email of the store. Everything was still working perfectly until a couple of days ago it just stopped working. When I try to log in the page it just gives me the "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" error. In addition, in the "Domain" settings page, near the domain name it's written "Action required" but I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 23 39

Hey, @EcoRestart!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're experiencing with your domain. I'm happy to help out with this! It's hard to say exactly what's going on without some more information, but I have a step for you to try that could potentially resolve the issue without further troubleshooting. I've seen similar errors resolved by resetting the A and CNAME DNS records of a custom domain. Head over to your Online Store> Domains> click on the domain name in question> and then click "DNS Settings" at the top of the page. From there, you can reset each of the records using their respective "Actions" menu. Keep in mind you will need to do this for both the A and CNAME records. 

20-06-dpd38-0ts0q.png

It will take an hour or two for the reset to take effect, but if the issue persists after that time, please reply back here with the following information so I can provide some further guidance: 

• Your custom domain name
  • A screenshot of the error message
  • A screenshot showing the DNS setup of the domain in your admin

Once I have that information, I should have a better idea of what's going on here. Looking forward to hearing back, and I hope the first part of this post is successful in resolving the domain issue you're facing! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey @Ash 

I tried resetting the A records and the CNAME Records, but it didn't work. So here's the pictures you required.

Domain name: eco-restart.com

Google Chrome errorGoogle Chrome errorDNS Settings of the domainDNS Settings of the domain

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 23 39

Hey, @EcoRestart!

Thank you for giving the DNS reset a try, and for providing those screenshots. From what I can see in your screenshot of the domains settings, there are no obvious errors popping out at me. Since that reset didn't do the trick, I'll need to get a closer look into the back-end of your store to do some more troubleshooting. I've sent an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply to that email and include your .myshopify.com URL in your reply. Also, if you use an alternate email address to log into your Shopify account, please note that in your reply as well so that we can authenticate accordingly. I look forward to hearing back via email so we can get to the bottom of this. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
The URL name is ecorestart.myshopify.com
0 Likes
Highlighted