Unable to authorize $227.00 AUD on PayPal Express Checkout.

andrewralph
Tourist
3 0 1

Very new to Shopify and one of my first sales was by Paypal. I had notification of the sale and confirmation as follows

A $227.00 AUD payment was processed on PayPal Express Checkout.

then immediately after this i see the following...
Unable to authorize $227.00 AUD on PayPal Express Checkout....within the detail it says this
PaymentAction of Authorization is not allowed with Unilateral and Non-Credentialed authentication.

Then everything else seems normal...i worried that payment has fallen over, but when i log into my Paypal account the funds are there.

What am i doing wrong ?

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 128 172

Hi, @andrewralph,

Hank here from Shopify.

I looked up that error message and it seems to be related to PayPal directly. The most common answer I've seen to that query is related to the subject. It states "if so, the email address in 'SUBJECT' does not belong to an existing PayPal account". 

I also found the following for you, "this error is encountered after returning to the cart following the PayPal payment entry". If you are noticing that the payment seems to be successful that is great, but I would recommend reaching out to PayPal support to ensure that there is nothing else that is relating to that, and to confirm it was just a once-off error.

If you do have any further questions, let me know and I'll happily assist you further.

All the best,

Hank.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Zoe14
6 0 0

Unable to authorize $39.98 USD on PayPal Express Checkout.

Hi, I met the same problem...Please help!

Zoe14_0-1623804056262.png

0 Likes