Unable to buy a domain name

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am unable to buy a domain name, the error of " Please try again (edit your store information) keeps occurring 

I have edited the information over and over again and i also cleared the cache from my browser, but the error is still appearing. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
601 80 111

Hi, @Dakeenad,

Hank here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear you are having some difficulty in purchasing your domain.

There are a few reasons this might be happening, and I'll try to list some of the most common reasons below.

The first step would be to ensure there are no special characters (á, ń, ö, etc.) in your name, address, etc, in Settings > General, as this information will be used to register your domain and will need to be validated. Special characters are not compatible with domain languages, which leads to a common error.

Another error may be insufficient funds or if using the likes of PayPal, I'd advise you to see that your account is not showing any issues, or timeline errors (failed payments, etc). 

The last potential issue is if trying to purchase a premium domain (usually a short worded URL), these types of domains are not compatible with Shopify, and will always give an error message.

Would you be able to share a screenshot of the error and I will try to see if I can spot any issue with the steps you are trying, or if I can see any potential reason as to why this is not happening for you?

Let me know,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you for your immediate response, I am attaching a screenshot of the
error page along with this email.
I don't think there is an issue with the payment gateway because the option
of payment is not appearing. It is related to the store information
In any case, Let me know what the issue is

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
601 80 111

Thank you for your reply.

However, I did not see any images attached to your response. Can you try once more using the rich text editor above your message? 

06-27-2rdv1-gorsc

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes