Unable to buy a new domain

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am trying to buy but every time I try and buy a domain an error occurs "please try again. (edit store information)" . That is the only message I receive after trying to buy a domain and now I am stuck, don't know what to do. Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
489 36 79

Hey, there. 

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team, here to help you out. 

Often when this error message is seen it's due to the system not detecting an accurate address. I recommend validating your address using Google and copy/pasting that exact address into the appropriate fields and trying again. Be sure the postal/zip code is spaced accurately too. If the problem persists, you may need to reach out to your bank or credit card company to request some assistance with the payment. 

I hope you find the resolution quickly! Let me know how it goes. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I am trying to purchase domain through shopify. Every time I try to buy the domain a red box error box saying "please try agin" and "edit store information" box is underneath. I have tried to edit my info to be perfect, checking spelling and adding the area codes to my phone number, cleared my chrome cashe and still nothing. But I am receiving shopify billing emails, yet if I go to the billing page on my shopify setting page I have a bunch of refunds ? I don't understand how I can buy something but I am also getting bills and refunds for a purchase I can not make. Please help I have tried all that I can and read so many help forums with no working solutions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
489 36 79

Hi @andstore

Thanks for the additional details there.

Are you able to double check your payment method or try with a different card or method? It's possible that you are also getting an error from incorrect payment information or insufficient funds. You can review you billing information by going to Settings > Billing and make any needed changes. 

If you are still unable to resolve this, let me know and I can reach out with a secure email to take a closer look at your account for you. Best of luck! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi!

I'm currently experiencing a problem.

I'm trying to buy a domain for my shop ending in .com but I seem to be unable to buy it no matter how many times I try, it always shows me the same error: "Please try again".

If anyone could give me some assistance I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
489 36 79

Hi @Yuvraj

Thanks for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you've run into some issues purchasing a domain. Is there a chance you are attempting to purchase the domain using a PayPal account that may need a top-up of funds? Sometimes fees or currency conversions mean you need to add a little more to make up for the difference. You will want to contact them directly to rectify any limitations with your funds and try again. Alternately, you can try attaching a valid credit card to the account as well. Here is the link for Paypal's support page.

Another trick to try is double checking your address by validating it using Google and copy/pasting that exact address into the appropriate fields and trying again. Also, be sure the postal/zip code is spaced accurately too.

Finally, you can also try to reset your browser by clearing the cache and cookies to try again or simply attempt with a different browser to see if that does the trick. Should this issue persist please respond here with a screenshot of the error message so our team can take a closer look. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Im trying to buy a new domain and I get please try again, I browsed around to see if any way of fixing this and i tried my address, I added two types of payments and it failed with both.

Can you guys help me?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
489 36 79

Hey @Wash

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble buying a domain. Have you tried the steps above? Make sure there are no typos, extra spaces or special characters (with accents) and I would advise you to double check that the domain isn't already purchased by someone else. 

Are you able to reply with a screenshot of the error you're seeing? It's still possibly a payment error. Which methods have you tried? Looking forward to helping further!

0 Likes