Unable to by an available domain

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I am trying to buy a domain which is shown as available on myshopoify domain.

When I click buy, I get the follwoing error message:

There was an error registering your domain

Please try again

Please assist to resolve this issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
884 72 208

You could try buying it directly from a registrar (like Godaddy), then hook into your store. It's super easy to connect a domain to your store.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, Sandile!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

Sorry to hear you have been having problems trying to purchase this domain.

Could you make sure you are using a Credit Card and not a Debit Card/Virtual Credit Card instead? At this time, credit card payments are the only ones we accept.

Visa/MasterCard/AMEX credit cards use a few different protocols in order to process a payment, while debit cards use literally thousands. These protocols can be changed at any time by your bank/financial institution, so they may work for a short period in the beginning, but then would be blocked by your bank. 

This is why, at the moment, we can only accept payment via credit card.

If you are using a credit card, I would also recommend reaching out to your bank to make sure your card is set up for these types of online purchases.

I'd love to check this out in detail for you, just to be sure what the exact issue is! Would you be able to send us an email to support@shopify.com using the email address listed as the account owners? 
Once you have done that, you can pop back here and let me know the support ticket number you were assigned (which will be emailed to you). That way, I can pick the ticket out of the queue and take a look at why the transaction seemed to have failed for you!

Thanks, Sandile!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I want to launch a store in a few days but I am unable to buy a domain for my business. Everytime I click buy a domain it sends me back to edit my profile information, and there is nothing wrong with that. You can see it as well in a schreenshot. This is really becoming frustrating, please helpmpw.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hey, @MerjemaZubaca!

That is a strange error, your address looks OK to me here. Sometimes if a transaction fails, there is an error message that pops up to tell you why it was declined. Are you seeing any error messages?

Also, can I ask if you were using PayPal or a credit card to pay? If you are using PayPal and the transaction is not going through, would you be able to use a credit card instead? Or vice versa; use PayPal if your credit card is having issues.

Let me know and we can take things from there!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

hi 

my name is yuvraj and i am not able to purchase domain even it is available there it shows me error and showing edit your store please help me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, @Yuvraj,

Ava here!

When you tried to buy your domain, were there any messages that popped up to say why the charge did not go through? Are you trying to buy your domain using PayPal or the credit card added to your admin? If you weren't sure what the error message may have been, could you try and purchase the domain again, then screenshot the message to show me here? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this! 

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hey, have the same issue, tried different credit cards and still says that i need to edit store information.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi 

I have problem despite using credit card vs paypal

message keep poping up as edit store

Please assist

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, folks!

Just posting here to let you know I've replied to each of you via email, I've contacted you through the email account listed here on the Community Forums. 

@alexxcrumb I've reached out to you on support ticket #18855930, and @vuv I've reached out to you on ticket #18855935.

If you could reply to my email there, we can dig into this and get the issue resolved.

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes