Solved

How can I update a cancelled order status in my online store?

rettacat
Visitor
3 0 0

I cancelled an order through Printify shortly after it was ordered from my Shopify store. In my Shopify store, the status of the order hasn't updated and does not give me the option to cancel. My weekly payout includes the amount from this cancelled order and has already posted to my bank account. What do I do?

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

@rettacat 

I am sorry to hear that. In that case, I would reach out to Shopify support so they can investigate this further. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@rettacat 

You can only cancel orders in the following situations:

• You haven't collected payment for the order.
  • You've collected payment for the order, but no items have been fulfilled.

If you cancel an order that's fulfilled, then you need to cancel any fulfillments manually. If you've collected payment for the order, then a full refund is issued when the order is cancelled. You can't issue a partial refund with order cancellation. 

If your order is eligible then the following steps will guide you through the cancellation process:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.

2. Click the order that you want to cancel.

3. Click More actions > Cancel order.

4. If payment was captured, then details about the refund are displayed.

5. If you don't want the refunded items to be restocked in your inventory, then uncheck Restock items.

6. Select the reason for cancellation from the drop-down menu.

7. If you don't want to notify your customer of the cancellation, then uncheck Send a notification to the customer.

8. Click Cancel order.

More information on cancelling, archiving and deleting orders can be found in our help document here. 

If you've followed those steps and are unable to cancel your order, then please let me know what step you get to, and what you see so I can provide further assistance! 

rettacat
Visitor
3 0 0

Yes, I already saw all of those instructions. That didn't help solve the problem.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

@rettacat 

I am sorry to hear that. In that case, I would reach out to Shopify support so they can investigate this further. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

edg1
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. I do not see a cancel order option and the order is still unfulfilled.