Unable to choose the domain to set Email Forwarding on Shopify

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am trying to set a forwarding email address on my primary domain. I have completely read the guides and videos available to do so, but here is the thing: When I go to the Domain section, I am not able to click on any of the domains and select them. So, I do not see any "Add forwarding email address" option, or connect my Zoho account to my domain.

I have also included a photo. I would appreciate if anyone could help. Regards.2019-09-18 19_56_18-Window.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 25 37

Hi @Shopotherapy,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks so much for the screenshot!

You wouldn't be able to change this information within your Shopify admin as you've purchased the domain through a third party domain provider. This is no problem at all; it just means that you'll need to set up the email forwarding through your domain provider's admin instead. More info can be found here if you would like to take a look!

Going by the screenshot, am I right in saying that joker.com is your domain provider? If so, you should be able to set up your email forwarding as advised in this FAQ page. If not, I'd recommend contacting your domain providers customer service for more information. 

Are you hoping to set up an email hosting with Zoho mail? If so, they offer a great step by step tutorial on what you need to set up and configure here if you need it. The main step would be to follow this Setup MX Records guide. The Shopify connection guide they provide won't apply here as you've purchased the domain through joker.com, however, the Setup MX Records guide I've linked above is what you'll need to follow. 

As well, you do have the option to transfer the domain to Shopify's servers (instead of joker.com) if you want. The domain would just need to be more than 60 days old and you should be able to do so as advised in this guide. This is not a requirement from Shopify but it's just a heads up that it's possible to do so if you'd like to avail this option at a later stage. 

Have you just started a store with Shopify? What type of business are you hoping to set up? If you have any feedback or questions, I'm more than happy to help! 

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hi Ted, Thank you so much for the quick response.

I thought that it could be possible to set the email forwarding even for
the domains bought outside the Shopify. However, as you said, it is not
possible to transfer the domain before it is 60 days old. Anyway, thanks
for the advice. I will try to set it by contacting the domain provider.

Yes, we are just starting to run a store on Shopify in which we intend to
do dropshipping business.

Thanks again and kind regards
0 Likes