Unable to close my store

3 0 0

I'm trying to close my this store because I am no longer to use this one, and my prepaid subscription is until to 15 Dec

But it was been an error message that showed up every single time when I was entered my password and chose a reason why I close this store.

I need help, thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 26 67

Hi, @zhuolun 

Elle here from Shopify. Happy to help you with closing your account. 

Can you please let me know what the error message says when you try to close your store? 

You may be unable to close your store due to a failed final invoice. If you have any pending app fees, you will need to pay these fees before you are able to close your store. You can confirm whether or not you have pending app fees under Settings > Billing within your admin. 

I would recommend checking with your bank or PayPal to ensure you have the funds to cover the final invoice!

Let me know if this helps! If not, I'll reach out to you directly so I can help troubleshoot further.

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I have paid all the billing cycles until 14 Dec

That means I don't have any bills that has not covered.

So please help me to figure it out, Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

And the error message shows: Invoice: Payment failed

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 26 67

Hi, @zhuolun 

Thanks for your response!

The final invoice is generated once you select the option to close your store. You will not see a pending final invoice before closing your store. 

What you will see under Settings > Billing is your current billing cycle like so: 

If there are app fees present within your current billing cycle, a final invoice will be generated to cover the cost of the app fees. 

Since you're receiving an 'invoice failed' error message, this indicates that payment has been declined for your final invoice. 

To resolve this issue, you will need to speak to your bank or PayPal (depending on the payment method you have chosen to pay your Shopify invoice). 

Let me know if this helps clear things up!

Cheers,
Elle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 26 67

Hi, @zhuolun 

Just following up to see if my last post helped you out!

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to our support, or just let me know here and I'll get in touch with you directly. 

Cheers,

Elle

0 Likes