Unable to complete the purchase

Mark_08
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi All, is there any issues when it comes to completing the purchase -checkout issue? thank you. 

Replies 7 (7)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @Mark_08.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

When you're setting up a store or updating payment settings, you can place a test order to ensure the checkout is functioning as expected.

Have you been experiencing issues with the checkout on your store? If you ran into an error message while testing payments, have received reports from customers, or see any error messages when viewing payment events under Orders > Abandoned checkouts, please let me know and I'd be happy to provide some more information based on specific error messages.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Mark_08
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Sophia, 

Thank you for getting back to me. We received reports from our customers that they were unable to complete the purchase, the system won't accept the payment. Please advise.

Attached are sample emails from customers reporting the issue.  

Unable to complete purchase.jpgCan't complete purchase.jpg

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@Mark_08 wrote:

Hi Sophia, 

Thank you for getting back to me. We received reports from our customers that they were unable to complete the purchase, the system won't accept the payment. Please advise.

Attached are sample emails from customers reporting the issue.  

Unable to complete purchase.jpgCan't complete purchase.jpg

Hi, Mark!

I appreciate you following up with these customer reports.

I see that one customer mentioned the checkout was loading indefinitely when they attempted to pay. In that case, there may have been a local network issue on their end. It looks like the other customer left the chat without providing any information on what they experienced, so we'll need more information on what happened at the checkout in order to find a resolution.

What do you see when you view the payment events under Orders > Abandoned checkouts in the admin? The History section on each abandoned checkout will provide specific error messages if a payment was attempted, and that will give us some insight into what happened in these cases.

Let me know which payment methods these customers attempted and whether there are any error messages associated with their abandoned checkouts.

NatalieG1
6 0 0

Hi I face the exact same issue --------Customer can't complete payement and the page just reload when click on complete payment

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@NatalieG1 wrote:

Hi I face the exact same issue --------Customer can't complete payement and the page just reload when click on complete payment

Hi, @NatalieG1!

Did the customer provide any additional information, like whether they were able to replicate the issue on multiple browsers or devices? Sometimes this can be resolved by the customer trying another browser or device (it may be the case that the browser and/or device need an update or a restart). 

Have other customers been able to checkout?

Mark_08
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Sophia, I thought of following up with my concern.. any helpful steps to fix the issue, or were there any Shopify issues recently not accepting the payment? looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you. 

sophiagarcia
Excursionist
15 0 1

I am using shopify since 3 years and till now, I did  not face any kind of issue in that.

Thankyou

Thanks
Sophia Garcia - Creative Director - UMC Canada