Unable to generate preview link

luminoguru
1 0 0

Hello Team.
I am having an issue to generate preview link of my selected theme for preview.

What i am exactly doing is : Login to my sites admin on https://ok-robot.myshopify.com/ -> in Sales Channels menu -> Online Store -> Themes ,  and here i am selecting theme for preview in Theme library. 

What i am getting : The preview of my selected theme but at the bottom of the screen i am not getting option for generating shareable preview link. In my Theme library only the last theme has the option to generate preview link elsewhere i didn't find this option. 

What should i do now, is there anything i am missing or need to do?

Thankyou in advance

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @luminoguru

Rae from Shopify here. I'm happy to help look into this further! 

To clarify, is the preview option only working on one of your themes when you follow these steps? If so, clearing your cache, or using Chrome Incognito mode when trying to generate the preview link may help resolve this. 

If you're still running into problems though, I recommend downloading a new version of the Debut theme to your Shopify admin to see if the preview loads on this theme. To do this, just follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click on 'Online store > Themes' 
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Explore free themes' 
  4. Click on 'Debut' 
  5. Click 'Add to theme library' 
  6. Once Debut downloads under 'Theme library', click 'Actions > Preview' beside that theme 
  7. Check to see if the bar loads at the bottom of the page with the 'Share preview' option 

If you're able to see the preview option on Debut, but not on your other theme, then this issue may be tied to the theme that you're using. If you're using a Shopify-developed theme we can help look into this further. However, if you're using a third party theme instead, I suggest following these steps to speak with your theme developer about this directly. 

Feel free to reply back to me here with the name of your theme, and I'll be glad to help determine the next steps needed to get this resolved!

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes