Unable to issue refund?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

My website is www.fabricnz.myshopify.com,

when trying to issue a refund to a client, the refund dialogue looks and seems to work well, except when I go to actually isue the refund, the submit button displays as "REFUND $0",

No matter the amount that's in the refund total dialogue, the submit button sits at $0 and will not allow a refund to be issued.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Actually, after further investigating, when checking the payments that were made under "Orders" in the admin section, the order I'm trying to refund is listed as "Not Fulfilled". Would I be correct in guessing a refund cannot be made until an order is fulfilled?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
73 0 11

Was the payment for your item made using PayPal? I had to issue a refund for someone that used PayPal and was unable to do so through the dashboard. I had to go to PayPal and do it from there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

No, payment was made using credit card. After realising that the order hasn't been ticked as fulfilled, I am 90% sure this is the reason I am unable to process the refund. If someone from Shopify could please confirm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi, still after some clarification as to how to issue a refund based on what I've mentioned above,

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

I have just come across the same issue. 

Previous refund was fine. This refund I tried today (Payment system is Eway) when I got to the Refund button instead of showing the total amount to refund as in the form, it showed only refund $0.00

After trying to get it to come up as amount and failing I then clicked the button to see what would happen and it is not marked as refunded on the main page, it has no transaction history like other refunds (authorised,captured, refunded) but it does say 1 purchase and one refunded. Now the refund button remains unclickable. although it says the amount that is refundable right next to it. 

Very confused and don't want this to reflect poorly on our customer service-but cannot afford to refund twice if it has refunded but is just showing up wrong. Please help urgently.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Shopify,

I would greatly appreciate an answer to this longstanding question as its integral to your platform actually doing what it claims it's able to do.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Agreed. Experiencing the same issue now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue and would urgently like to understand why this is happening? 

0 Likes