Unable to send reset password email

Highlighted
2 0 1

I sent a message to the customer's mailbox to reset the password in the background, but the customer did not receive the message.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 36 79

Hi, there. 

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team, hoping I can help out here. Are you referring to the password for your customer to login to their account? A few things might be happening here. It's possible that the customer is checking the wrong email so try and confirm with them which email they signed up with. It may also be going into their email spam folder. Just to be sure you have the right steps, here's how to reset manually:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Customers.

2. Click the name of the customer you want to edit.

3. Click Reset password on the customer's information page:
17-57-qiyzv-dwfnh

4. Click Reset password again in the confirmation dialog:
17-57-qiyzv-dwfnh

Let me know how that goes! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi,Ren

I have reset the password according to the process you described, and I can't find any email in the customer's mailbox, including the spam box.

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am also having the same problem.

I've checked their email is correct, asked them to check their junk multiple times.

I have also asked them to wait a day or so to see whether it needs to process over night and the customer is still unable to find the password reset email.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 36 79

@PureCoco & @monoking 

It sounds like the customers that are experiencing this may have to look into whitelisting the email address that the password reset email is being sent from. 

Some email providers will put those emails automatically into spam and some will actually block them completely. If you are able to share the customer email found in Settings > General: 

Your customer can add this email to their contacts, marking it safe and it might help resolve the issue going forward. Let me know if that helped! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Ren,

Thanks for your reply.

I have got the customer to do exactly as you advised and resent the password email, however, this still hasn't worked.

I've also been emailing them personally from my email which is working and it is the same domain.

Is there anything else we can try?

Regards,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 36 79

Hello again, 

Have you double check that their email is the correct one that they're expecting mail to or that it is spelled correctly in the system? A typo could be the cause. Again, I would suggest asking them to check their spam folders as well. Are they able to receive any other correspondence through the system such as order notifications or email marketing? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Ren,

I used her email from the Shopify account to contact her. So I know her email is correct.

I've got her to check her spam and junk folders multiple times, however, she still can't find the reset email.

Could there be something wrong, e.g. a bug etc?

Regards,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are  having the same issue, some of his customers are recieving the reset email some wont.

We're do you change the server that is used to send the emails. Can it be a spif record that needs to be added?

The owner of the shop has 2 seperate emails on 1 he recieves the reset mail on the other he won't. 100% correct email and no spam server.

0 Likes