Unable to update bank account information

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I recently updated my bank accounts and the old account number is no longer accessible for me to verify and change to the new account in the payout section for Shopify Pay.  I don't see any other option to change the account information and need help for the payout section.

Thank You,

Natasha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

Hello @NMccain77

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, thank for reaching out. 

As long as you have exhausted the list noted at the beginning of the thread (I will include it below), then we can certainly proceed via email. It's always recommended to make sure you definitely cannot access the old bank number since this would be the fastest way of getting yourself set up with a new account. 

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

Let me know and I will reach out to you via secure email to move forward should the above steps not result in finding a valid bank account number to work with. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hello,

I don’t have any checks from that account as I never ordered any. I looked
back on the app that I use to find the old account, but it had already been
replaced with my new account number. I have exhausted all ways to get the
account number including calling for support, but they changed the account
from personal to business and are unable to pull the information for me as
well.
--
Thank you,

Natasha McCain/Owner
Loaves of Love by Decadent Life
Hampton, Virginia
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

Thanks for your response, Natasha! 

I have gone ahead with a secure email to you. Please follow the directions in your reply and we can proceed from there. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This happened to me as well, please help me enter my correct bank account details.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I am unable to change my banking information. Please let me know if there is a way to resolve this issue. 

Thanks,

larricia

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you for the help from Shopify support.  I have been able to update my account after exhausting all other options.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

That's great news! Thanks for the update. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

Hello @Larricia and @bjn

Can you please confirm whether you've exhausted the following list, and if so then we can certainly proceed via email. It's always recommended to make sure you definitely cannot access the old bank number since this would be the fastest way of getting yourself set up with a new account. 

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am having the same issue as well! Can you please help me out? I have already exhausted all the other options!

0 Likes