Unable to view more than 90 days of finance overview

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have tried to pull all of my Finance Overviews for the Past Year, but now the data only goes back 90 days. I need this information for all of 2019. Is there a way to access this? I will need it to complete accounting data. Thank you!

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
313 27 66

Hi, @DGFlyer03!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

At this stage, the finance report is only available for up to 90 days. In order to access periods prior to that, you would need to go to Analytics > Reports and export each report you're looking for, but we currently are unable to combine them together for you.

With that being said, what I'm going to do is pass this onto our team for consideration in future releases. I can totally understand the importance of this, so I'll make our team aware that this is a feature you're looking for.

As a small workaround in the meantime, you can access an account summary under “Analytics > Reports > Finances > Finance summary”. From there you can apply the date filter for ‘Last year’. In this report, you'll be able to see your sales, payments, gross profit and any liabilities. You'll also be able to click into each report.

We've got some great material on our analytics that I'd also recommend checking out. I'd start with our Finance Reports and work your way through from there.

Lastly, I just wanted to also recommend checking out the Shopify App Store. There are a lot of really great apps, including apps for reporting. I've recommended a couple below for you.

• Better Reports

• From $19.90/month. 14-day free trial.
    • Build custom reports with a drag and drop designer.
    • Share your reports by csv, email or Google Drive.
  • Advanced Reports

• Free plan available. 14-day free trial.
    • Modify pre-created reports or build your own reports.
    • Make decisions based on real-time sales, products and customer behavior data.

Have a great day!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

It's a bit frustrating and seems a bit shady. It seems really difficult to view all the chargers and fees taken out. In the finance report it show the "Gross profit" minus cost, yet doesn't account for shipping cost that us a store owners pay if we were to charge a different fee then third party shipping companies. Amazon of course provides free shipping for prime members and it seems very difficult to compete with them unless offering some sort of fixed shipping cost, as I did. How can I get ahold of my finance overview since I've been in business, I need this for my business asap.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
313 27 66

Hi, @suspensionmats!

Thanks for reaching out to let me know you're also facing the same limitations. I'll add your feedback to the request above for you. Our team is aware that this is a pain point for some merchants, so rest assured it is something we're looking into.

In the interim, I'd recommend checking out some of the tips I suggested in the above comment, as our Analytics pages will show most of the information you require from the finance overview page. You can go back as far as you need with those reports.

Thanks again for your understanding and be sure to let me know should you need any clarification.

Cheers!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

this. i seriously don't understand how such a simple yet crucial part of the feature is overlooked like that, why is a 90-day limit even imposed? i've been praying for a simple feature like this for years only to have it shortsighted because of this.

we're forced to resort to exporting to an excel file and doing extra steps just to find a simple number, users creating their own tools to use this function, or being offered 3rd party applications which cost even more money.

0 Likes