Uninstall / Remove Everything

Highlighted
4 0 0

I would like to start totally fresh, clear of everything....collections, etc...how does one make that happen?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
130 3 15

Hi Charles,

I think you should consider delete your Shopify account and cancel your Shopify subscription. Here's our guide on how to do it the right way

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
122 12 23

Hi, @PokeCharles!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

There are a couple of ways you can completely start again. As suggested above, you can look at closing your account and creating a new one. This is a great, fast option for you. The one thing you'd need to keep in mind is your current .myshopify.com domain would not be able to be used again. If that's not a problem, you're good to close the store. To close your store, simply login to your admin and go to Settings > Plan and Permissions. Under "Store Status" and click "Sell or close store" and follow the steps on the screen. Check out our help doc for more information on pausing and closing stores.

If the domain is important, then you'll just need to delete everything you've worked on so far. The best advice I can give is to go through each menu item on the left-hand side and deleting everything. I've summarised below the things you'll need to look at deleting:

• Products and Collections. Click on Products > All Products and select all your products. From there, click More Actions > Delete Selected Products. Do this in Products > Collections as well.
  • Orders. If you have orders, you may not be able to delete them all, so you just need to make sure they're archived by selecting all products and clicking More Actions > Archive Orders.
  • Customers. Very much the same, select all customers and delete them.
  • Apps. When you click on Apps, you'll see a list of them. Simply click delete next to each app.
  • Themes. Click Online Store > Themes. This will take you through a list of themes installed in your store. You'll be able to delete all unpublished themes, but not the published one. To delete the published theme, download a new theme that you're wanting to start fresh with, then publish it. Once it's published, the other one will unpublish and be able to be deleted once again.

If you get stuck at any point, please let me know so I can help out.

I'm interested to know why you're wanting to start again. Was there anything you've been struggling with or need assistance for? If so, please don't hesitate to let me know.

We have a great program called Shopify Compass which I would highly recommend. It's full of free courses around store design, marketing and more. You can also sign up for live webinars.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes