Unique one time discount for signing up to Mailchimp newsletter?

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 42

I've seen various threads on setting up various discounts with newsletter configs but I can't seem to find anything about setting up something that sends a unique discount code for one-time use if people sign up to a Mailchimp newsletter. 

Is there anything I can check out that would do this as I don't want a single "static" discount code to send out as they tend to just end up on voucher code sites?

Thanks!

Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @welcomebrand,

Personal Discount does exactly what you need. It generates one-time use discount codes for people who sign up for your newsletter. My app integrates with Mailchimp (and many other email marketing providers) enabling you to send the unique discount codes in your welcome email.

I'm happy to help if you need any assistance with setting it up.

Thanks,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 42

Thanks @LukaszWiktor that looks great. I've installed it and configured it already. Really well done app  

Only downside now is that we have other discounts running and offers for half price product upsells etc and Shopify only allows one discount code at checkout which is deeply frustrating. 

Highlighted

Only downside now is that we have other discounts running and offers for half price product upsells etc and Shopify only allows one discount code at checkout which is deeply frustrating. 

Totally agree. Unfortunately, it's a limitation of Shopify that customers can't stack discounts. Apps can't change how discounts work (unless an app completely replaces the checkout page, but it's a ton of work - payment processing, PCI compliance, etc).

There is a long thread about it here: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Multiple-discount-at-checkout/td-p/473968

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes