Unknown Visitors to my Shop Constantly from Mountain View USA

3 0 0

Hi there!

I get a visitor to my shop from Mountain View USA every single day. It always shows up on my analytics as 3 separate visitors at the same time (all from the same location) and this happens at least once per day. My store is in Canada and I only advertise within Canada. The analytics show the visitor comes from an 'orange.html' page (usually visitors come from Facebook or Google - places I've advertised). The visitors don't do anything. It's just annoying me. :)  It's been happening basically since I started my store last summer. Anyone else have this?

Nicole

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2

I get a visitor to my shop from Mountain View USA every single day. It always shows up on my analytics as 3 separate visitors at the same time (all from the same location) and this happens at least once per day.

Hi Nicole, 

That is strange, I agree with you. There are 2 possibilites for this to occur,

1. Those are real persons visting your website

2. Those are referral spam

In both cases, there is nothing you need to worry about.

Referral spam's is harmless spamming method, involves making repeated web site requests using a fake referrer URL to the site the spammer wishes to advertise. They will only be visible in your google analytics dashboard. 

If you dont want them to see in your dashboard, set some "filters" in your google analytics view setting to exclude referral traffic from them.

Here is what you should to confirm this is harmless..

Create a new "Segment" in google analytics to track only the refferal traffic coming from their domain. Doing this will let you analyse the pages visited by those sessions. Normal referral spams have 0 "time on page" metrics.  Also you can make sure whether they are crawling your entire website or sending referral spam to few pages alone to mess up your analytics statistics. 

It is best to set a Filter to remove this type of traffic , in your view settings. This type of traffic will corrupt the accuracy of data shown in your analytics :)

1 Like
3 0 0

Thank you so much! Very interesting and helpful. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

thank you, I see exactly the same as well

@Nicole16 wrote:

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I see that GooglePlex is based in Mountain View. My guess it is something to do with Google undertaking legitimate checks/validation - as I say, a guess !

@pixidaisy wrote:

thank you, I see exactly the same as well

@Nicole16 wrote:

0 Likes