Unknown double charge to my account! (Urgent)

Highlighted
5 0 0

I have recently been charged twice in the past two days from Shopify to my account when I had been on a pause/and build plan that I had thought did not charge anything until I reopened it.

Please I need help from the Shopify service team ASAP to investigate this further! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
803 91 145

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been billed unexpectedly. I'd be happy to investigate this with you. Can you share the MyShopify URL for the store in question? 

If you have not yet canceled your store, can you please do so now by following the steps below:

1. Log in to the admin section of your store here.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Next, click Plan and Permissions.
4. From there, Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Close my Store".

Did you have two stores that would explain the two charges? Thanks! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Firstly, I cannot share the Shopify URL or cancel my store officially as it
is on a paused plan and only lets me access my account unless I select a
payment plan that charges automatically as soon as I accept. This is the
only way I can close my store.
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

URL: ledessence.myshopify.com

I cannot cancel my store officially as I put it on a paused plan as soon as I saw they charged me today, as I didn't know what to do, and it only lets me access my account to close it unless I select a payment plan that charges automatically as soon as I accept. This is the only way I can close my store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
803 91 145

It sounds like you may have paused the store, but you are being billed for third party app services. Did you discontinue your app subscriptions prior to pausing the store? I'd suggest logging back into the store if this is the case, canceling app subscriptions, then closing your store. Once the store is closed I can investigate a refund for the Shopify subscription that will be incurred, and we can then reach out to the app developers to request they investigate a refund for their app service. We can't request app refunds if the apps are still active. 

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Yes I understand I will look at my apps to see if I cancelled all my subscriptions, but the thing is I'm worried the only way I can do this is to select a plan which may charge my account immediately before even get to access the store, should I still continue anyway since I am going to close it anyway, if your able to give me a refund if that is the reason?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Okay, I closed off/deleted all the apps that were running and closed my store now, I checked but I don't think there was any payed subscriptions running from the apps that I was using, but you can check now if your able to. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
803 91 145

Thanks for that. I've emailed the account owner with more information on this! 

0 Likes