Unmatched Products warning after adding Facebook Pixel

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello,

I created facebook pixel and added it to Shopify theme preferences. I tested pixel and it is shown as active. In Events manager/ Overwiev section facebook shows that there are no issues with pixel but when I try to check pixel with Test events then I see error with product page visiting.

"ISSUE

The product parameter IDs provided cannot be found in the catalog connected to your ViewContent event. This may cause key features of dynamic ads to not be available.
SOLUTION
Confirm that your catalog contains the product IDs. You'll also need to check the ViewContent event in your website's pixel code and ensure the ID matches the one in the catalog."

Can this affect my fb retargeting ads?

Thank you

John

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 12.43.05.pngScreenshot 2019-10-30 at 12.42.04.png

Highlighted
1 0 0

Did anyone get the answer? I'm having the same problem here

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

hi guys, 

same here, Im having a little issue here too! Have you guys found a solution to it?

they might have some answer here

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/product-ID-s-can-t-be-found-in-catalogue-errors-w...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also looking for answer to the problem. I use dropshipping with Oberlo. I selected the products through the Oberlo app in spotify and it autofilled the product id, so i really don't want to mess with the id info. These IDs are important for the auto sync with Oberlo dropshippping. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Having

@Jonh123 wrote:

Hello,

I created facebook pixel and added it to Shopify theme preferences. I tested pixel and it is shown as active. In Events manager/ Overwiev section facebook shows that there are no issues with pixel but when I try to check pixel with Test events then I see error with product page visiting.

"ISSUE

The product parameter IDs provided cannot be found in the catalog connected to your ViewContent event. This may cause key features of dynamic ads to not be available.
SOLUTION
Confirm that your catalog contains the product IDs. You'll also need to check the ViewContent event in your website's pixel code and ensure the ID matches the one in the catalog."

Can this affect my fb retargeting ads?

Thank you

John

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 12.43.05.pngScreenshot 2019-10-30 at 12.42.04.png

the same problem, anyone has found a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem! And after MONTHS of trial and error, I haven't been able to fix it. I'm quite upset that a solution hasn't been obvious... or even a little apparent!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 6

Anyone has found a solution to this? I've got the same problem. Doesn't it have something to do with the micro data tags? I'm supposed to set them up but honestly don't understand how and the facebook help page isn't helping.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Same issue here. I have a Plus store and 3 front-end websites that lead to the store.

2 of the websites have no issue with the FB pixel and testing the events. But on one the 3rd store I get the unmatched products warning. I have tried for 3 weeks and cannot find a root cause. Anyone else find an answer?

I did find a rogue website where someone suggested to check each Products Description field. Do not leave it blank, ensure that all fields are filled. That fixed their issue and it was very very random find that it was a Description.

I'll hit up Shopify Chat support and see if they can do a root cause analysis for me on the store I'm working.

0 Likes