Unnatural Direct Traffic - Ghost spam or something worse????

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

No. I contacted support about this several times and was told twice that I shouldnt worry that the data these miners can easily access due to shopifys architecture is being collected and sold because it doesnt harm my business and that its normal for bots to be able to get this data. This is false and i am starting to believe its part of shopifys plan to make money through third party selling your sales and traffic data. I am no coder but other websites fo not give results on pexgle. These bots are essential for sites like pexgle to collect your data. I believe its part of this new business area in which people are selling trending ideas. Shopify can and should make tbis data unavailable and then there would be no reason for this bots to come calling. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Could it be this? A Chrome plugin I came across by chance. Alarming in my opinion! "Shopify Inspector provides you all the secrets behind every Shopify store. In one click you reveal all the methods the store owner use, what are the best sellers and the pricing used." search: 'Shopify Inspector - Inspect Shopify Shops' Would be comforting to know if any effort is being made by Shopify to resrict this commercially sensitive information to account holders only.
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

I think this pluggin will only be part of the problem. It seems any savy hacker type that wants to can collect this data via a simple ping of your store, which then counts as a view. I mentioned pexgle but I know there are others. Now the question is why shopify allows access to this data? Since there have been complaints about this stretching back over a year now. To me, their lack of action suggests they profit by allowing easy access to their users sales and traffic data. 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

This Just happened to me so i screen grabbed it from GA. I had 15 sessions on shopify all at once from Boardman OR 

last 30 minslast 30 mins

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Just got "hit" again. This time was up to 60 seessions and it wasnt stopping. I enabled my site password which seems to have stopped that "attack". 

boardman2.PNG

Highlighted
1 0 0

Same thing is happening to me 69 visits at the same time from Boardman Oregon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

i see Boardman too... a lot and I think it is Shopify.  I notice it happens when a payment goes through and once Shopify was testing the payment gateway and this happened but would be great to get confirmation from Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This happened to me yesterday after I activated Shopify payments so I DEFINITELY think it is Shopify 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am having the same thing happen now to my website.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Same!!

0 Likes