Unprofessional Service From Shopify Listed Expert

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

I am not sure if this is the right place to post complaint, however I couldn’t find a better place to post a topic like this. 

I recently got in touch with a gentleman based out of Pakistan who is listed as a shopify expert in shopify at https://experts.shopify.com/9sleek?rank=24 . The Gentleman’s name is Syed Taqi. After the initial agreement he quoted a total sum of $800+  to be paid in 3 installments. To which I had agreed and told him what I wanted.

Even after paying the total sum of money as agreed, my store is still not complete in last two months. Every time I am being told that it will be done but nothing happens. I have sent him numerous emails and skype messages to which I am only told my work is in the queue and should be done immediately. Did I do something wrong believing in shopify’s recommendations?  I am feeling very helpless.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 25

Hi Jay!

Diana here from the Shopify Support Team!

I'm so sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with one of our Shopify Experts! Our goal with the Expert Marketplace is to recommend very trustworthy and professional Experts, so we appreciate your feedback and take concerns like yours very seriously. We do take action when these kinds of situations arise, so I will bring this to the attention of the Experts Team so they can look further into this; thank you again for letting us know!

If you would like us to recommend another designer, please reach out to our Shopify Support Team and we would be happy to discuss your needs with you!

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Dear Diana

i am waiting for action from your end

Thanks

Jay

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 25

Hi Jay!

Just letting you know that I brought this up to the Experts Team immediately after posting my original response. Again, we do take action on these kinds of requests because we value the quality of our Expert Marketplace very highly.

As always, thanks for letting us know, and good luck with your store!

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Diana!

This is ridiculous. Your actions as Shopify company are insufficient and to let you know you are support cheaters who work with your approval as your experts. I am sure that to become an expert of Shopify is very easy, you just have to pay, and then you can cheat people with impunity. Like Jay, I lost money and time, and the Shopify expert recommended by you deceived me for two weeks and robbed me for £75. I am convinced that most of your supporters - experts work according to the same key, that is, when they have your recommendations, they easily gain the trust of clients. After transferring them first payment and giving access to the site, they pretend that they are working on something. For me, it all took two weeks to relise whats really is going on. Writing many emails, speaking on the phone and they did nothing, no changes on my site at all. Then in some beautifull day they decide to keep silence, no one answering my phone calls, total ignorance of the client, They simply robbed my money, in my case my down payment. Shopify allows pathologies under your brand. Your brand and logo instead of being associated with trust associate me with cheaters and you are yourself cheaters if you allow such a state of affairs for years, because Jay wrote about this problem in 2016. and we have 2019!!! I loos a time, which cost me the most, as I cant start my marketing campaign, my peopel whaiting in the office and cant work, and I have to pay to all my emplyees, for my office, for phone calls etc. The problem is serios. Shopify should better verify the recommended experts, and monitor them, and you should definitely give back the stolen money, because everything is happens under you brand, your logo and your - Shopify recomendiation. Shopify - you are the same cheaters as your experts!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi @ChrisKovi 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with your Expert. Something to remember is Experts are not employee's of Shopify and run independent businesses of their own. In saying that though Shopify takes actions like this very seriously and it is something we can take a closer look into for you should you wish. 

If you would like me to take this any further, please let me know and confirm the best email address to reach you on or if it's the same one you used to join the community here with. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi @ChrisKovi,

I saw your email, thanks for sending it through. I have brought it to the attention of the appropriate team on your behalf who will investigate this matter.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Nick! Let me know if there is any progress in my complaint. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi @ChrisKovi,

We will do that for sure. Any further contact about it this be via the email you sent.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Shopify, your support is a waste of time!

To all Shopify community:

Watch out for Shopify Experts scammers. Check them first very carefully and never pay upfront.

To Shopify Support:

I have been waiting since March 21 (2 weeks) and after get my ticket number you have not done anything about my case.

I'm not gonna waste more of my time and I'm not waiting for your reaction anylonger. 

0 Likes