Update Billing SCAM

Solved
unrefinedart
2 0 1

I just received what I think is a scam to update billing info. The subject line says "Urgent: Your store could be frozen soon because your bill payment failed" and the email it came from is "billing@account.myshopifysupport.email". It takes you to a page that looks identical to Shopify login but I didn't go any further than that. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 8.17.47 AM.png

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 478

This is an accepted solution.

@unrefinedart 

Thank you for flagging this email. I can confirm this is a phishing email as Shopify emails will end in @shopify.com or @email.shopify.com. Could you please forward the email to safety@shopify.com? Once you have forwarded the email, you can mark it as spam and delete it from your inbox. 

In the event that you entered in your personal information after clicking the button in the email then we will need you to contact our Support to ensure the safety of your account. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
unrefinedart
2 0 1

Thanks Peter! I'm forwarding the email over now. No information was entered.