Updating Facebook Products from Shopify Collection

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey all,

I recently added a couple new products to my 'Home Page' collection on Shopify, but can't seem to find a way to re-sync my Facebook link so that the new products are availalble on there. I have trawled through the www and can't find anything to help. 

The official guide says to click the 'Add Product' button, which would be great. Only it's no where to be found on my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/business/help/529846727168849

Hope this is the right area to post this in and hope someone can help!

Thanks, Danny

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 74

Hey, Danny!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Thanks for reaching out to us today! So long as you have that collection listed as one that should appear in your Facebook page, this will sync automatically - there's no need to try adding them within Facebook. Most of the time, that happens fairly quickly; however, there are cases where new products can take up to 24-48 hours to appear on your page.

I'll send you out an email once I've posted this response - if it's been longer than this, we can absolutely have a look into this for you and see where the issue might lie.

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

My store and my fb page has been connected for a week or so now
and yet when I view the shop tab on my FB page, all I see is this:

https://gyazo.com/654c11a249bf5c326d8075c3d68d78d0?token=0df963f721d853b06b67efa4b6671b44

Everything is accepted, enabled, products are published etc. Nothing.
Extremely frustrating

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 74

Hey there! 

Sorry to hear that, and I can absolutely understand your frustration. It looks from that screenshot like the store is active but not pulling anything from your Shopify store, rather than not being connected at all - you're not seeing any errors or warnings when you go in your admin to the Facebook tab, correct?

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. I'll send you out an email once I've posted this response; if you can get back to me there we can check it out and see where the issue might lie.

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Alex!

Thank you for your response!
I am not getting any error messages at all, currently I have downloaded
Facebook Product Feed app to make it work via using a data feed source,
however the app is a little limited in terms of some information is missing
when published to my FB page.

From my understanding Shopify is meant to automatically publish this
without any other moving parts? I have successfully published my store products
to my FB on my previous Shopify store.

I have spoken to Facebook about it and they can't see the issue either,
everything seems to be setup correctly. For some reason none of my
products just won't show up on my Shop tab.

I'd love to have them published without the use of third party apps.
If you can take a closer look that would be amazing!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 74

Hey again!

Apologies for the wait in responding to you! Yes, that's correct - as long as you've got those products and collections set to be visible on Facebook (more detail on that right over here), those should be published to your Facebook business page without any third party solutions needed.

If you're not seeing any errors in the Facebook section of your Shopify admin, it's possible there's an issue with your sync with Facebook. We've had some reports recently of merchants encountering this issue, and have been working hard to push through resyncing, so that those products appear. This process is now complete, so if you're still seeing an issue please do reach out to me - I'd sent you out an email, did you receive it? If not, check your junk or spam folders in case it's ended up there. Once you've got that email, respond to me there - this will give me permissions to check out your account and see what may be causing this issue. Let me know!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
1 0 0

Same issue... My new products aren't updating to FB store.

0 Likes