Updating bank information in USA instead of UK

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I moved from the UK to the USA and need to update my payout information with a US bank account. However, It only lets me update my old UK bank info with the new one. But the business is not in the UK anymore. Store currency is already updated to USD though. How can I do this? it's so hard to talk to a shopify customer rep, I cant find the answer ANYWHERE , thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1394 137 377

Hey there, @cerana 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you so much for reaching out regarding this. I am sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty when trying to contact our support team. If you go to this page and click Contact Support you will be prompted to either login or continue without a store. Once you have selected an option you will be asked to ask about a topic. Search for your query and relevant help docs will populate as well as the option to proceed to live chat or email. You can also reach our Support team @ShopifySupport on Twitter or through Messenger on Facebook here.  

What I would recommend doing in your case is deactivating your Shopify Payments in order to update your store's address. Once Shopify Payments have been disabled go to Settings > General and update your address to your new US address. Once the address has been updated go to Settings > Payments and reactivate Shopify Payments and update your banking information accordingly. If this does not work, let me know and I can reach out via email to authenticate you as the owner of this account and then escalate this to our account integrity team so that they can make this change for you. These escalations generally take 2-3 business days.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes