Uploading a Picture Problems

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 3

I'm trying to upload a picture from my computer into my Shopify blog.

The toolbar is intuitive and I figured out how to do it easily, however after the picture reaches 100% completion I get "error uploading file".

The image in question is 2mb and is saved as a .jpeg if that helps.  Has anyone had issues with this?

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Nathanael,

I have had similar problems myself...

Is it possible you have reached the file storage limit of your subscription?...you can check this is in your "Account Settings". If this is the case, you can always change the plan type to adjust the storage capacity available. Also, make sure you are uploading all your photos in your "Files" section of your shop.

Hope this helps Nathanael!

Cheers-

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
54 0 10

Hey Nathanael,

Tucker here from the Shopify Guru team :)

I took a look at your store and it looks like you're far from going over your allotted storage capacity.  This might be an issue with your browser, or internet connection.  If it isn't too much to ask, would you be able to try in Google Chrome?

If you're still having troubles, try uploading the files to this forum thread and I'll see if I can give you a hand.

Tucker

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 3

Hi, thanks for the help.

I'm already using Chrome and it is the only browser I have tried to do this with.

I recently uploaded  another picture file and it worked fine.  I went back and tried to upload the original one but that still didn't work.  I'll try uploading some other files and report back here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also having issues uploading photos. Every time I have tried, the upload images button gets stuck saying uploading. I have tried to upload photos using Safari, Firefox, Chrome and all with the same result. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 3

I'm trying to upload one of the pictures here now.

Edit:  It didn't work.  I'm still not sure why.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Same as lindsey wheeler.... the button does get stuck on "100%" when uploading images. If you press cancel, then go back in you will see the image has uploaded ok. Just a bit of a pain to go in, upload, cancel out, then go back in. 

There is another thread https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-discussion/t/error-uploading-image-204621 where for the past 48+ hours there has been a problem uploading images. For me, Inserting an image using the URL link isn't working at all and returns "error uploading image" when there is nothing wrong with the image or the URL. 

I'd say there is something weird going on at the moment. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

hi my name is enddy 

i try to upload this pictur but i don't know why i cannot make it 

can you help me please

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0
On the app the pics aren’t uploading
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

if this or size isnt the problem? ive tried 5 times and tried, png, jpeg both files <50 kbs

0 Likes