Uploading entire Shopify store product database to Amazon.ca

Solved
2 0 0

Hello fellow Shopify entrepreneurs,

I currently run my ecommerce business exclusively on Shopify, but I want to start selling on amazon.ca. 

I have around 100 products (including variants) at the moment and I sure as hell don't want to have to remake all of them manually on Amazon. I'm also looking for a solution that will merge all my sales together, by that I mean that I want Amazon sales to reflect on my shopify stock inventory.

According to Shopify's faqs that can easily be done through amazon sales channel. Now, my issue is as you probably already know, this app is incompatible with Canadian stores, even though Shopify claims it's supposed to work with USD and CAD shops. So here are my questions:

1- Am I just missing something or is there a setting I need to change before I can make ASC work for me?

2- Let's say ASC is not a viable option, what's currently the easiest and best alternative solution atm (2020)?   

Thank you very much for your time and help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
315 46 86
I don’t know about Shopify Amazon channel in Canada. But it is not available in the UK, so we use a 3rd party app called Codisto which works well and does everything you mention. There are plenty of others though, but found Codisto was best value for money for what we needed.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for the information Jon. I was doing some stuff on my admin console and noticed amazon was suddenly listed in my channels, no idea what happened but it works now and I have shopify and amazon connected together.

Now I when I try to make a listing, the category I need doesn't exist in the search database... quite amazing how such big platforms can't implement simple functions right. I guess there's a workaround this. Otherwise, I'll have a look at Codisto!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
315 46 86

That's good, hope it works out for you as the more app fees you can avoid the better.

I do quite a lot on Amazon (works really well for us as a channel), so shout out if you have any queries.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Expert
418 29 80

I can second Codisto as a good solution.

I use it to automatically import Amazon FBM orders to our Shopify store (then we fulfill them from there).

I found the Amazon sales channel app to be buggy for my use case, so I upload the products separately to Amazon instead (this also allows us to write and test specific copy for Amazon vs Shopify - it's a different type of buyer).

The way I upload products is by spreadsheet. You can download the spreadsheet template from Seller Central > Inventory > Upload products.

I save the spreadsheets, then it's easy to duplicate for variants / similar products, and I always have a backup (Amazon's software is buggy and this backup has saved me loads of work a few times over the years).

If you have any other Amazon - Shopify fulfillment or connection challenges after that I might be able to help, just give me a shout.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto fulfills orders, adds tags, emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like