Uploading files to Shopify to display/embed panorama

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi good day. I'm hoping someone on here has encountered a similar issue and came up with a workaround.

I have created a panorama image using PanoramaStudio and exported the HTML content needed to have the image displayed on a website as an interactive zooming image. Here's an example of what I'd like to accomplish on my website > https://www.tshsoft.de/en/psv_index.

This (see below) is what was exported. The folder 'Roseau from Morne Bruce_tiles' contains 570 small image files with a total size of about 27 MB.

Folder structureFolder structure

Typically, this would be uploaded to your website (WordPress, for example) via FTP and the HTML file (third in the image above) can be displayed using this code snippet:

<iframe src="https://Path to your panorama.html" width="as desired"
height="as desired" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen
webkitallowfullscreen> </iframe>

Since we have no FTP access to the Shopify backend, is there a workaround that might allow this sort of file hosting and embedding?

• apps
  • third party file hosting sites
  • anything!

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Regards,
Yuri

0 Likes
Highlighted

Shopify has a command line FTP type of way you could use to upload files BUT > Shopify themes (which is the only place where you can upload files to) has a precise directory structure and it's not possible to have sub directories in them. So you'll need to have all those images dumped in your assets directory along with all your other images, css & js files (you can't have assets/js/js.js or assets/css/css.css).

I don't know about apps, there's for sure something. I personally would look into a third party solution outside of Shopify to host those images & files.

⚡️ [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, Highly converting, SEO-optimized, Minimal.
⚡️ Need help with your store? [Get a quote]
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi OpenThinking:

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right... a third party solution to host might be best. Do you know of any? I did some looking even before posting this question, and I did not find options that suited my needs. 

Thanks again for the assistance.

Regards,

Yuri

0 Likes