Urgent - Is my shop considered Local???

hkpghkpg
11 0 0

We have a store running shopify based in Hong Kong. Our currency is HKD only, payout banking is to local HK bank in HKD. Paypal is also in HKD.

The local Hong Kong government recently launched the $5000 spending allowance to the citizens of HK to help local businesses due to Covid. Citizens are able to load the $5000 into various payment gateways (alipay, wechatpay - not available for Shopify which is fine) - however, 1 of which is Tap N Go by Mastercard. The citizens can use these $5000 only on Local Businesses (retail or web).

Now my question is, is our shop considered Local? I do not know where Shopify is being hosted... Also if Shopify (say a Canadian Company) and my site is with them, does that mean my site is actually NOT a Local Business because the platform itself is not originally from Hong Kong? 

I have asked both stripe and shopify for this:
Shopify discord - told me to ask Stripe as they collect payments
Stripe - replied saying-  I've taken a look at your account, and I can see that it is actually being managed by the Platform Shopify. While you do have a Stripe account, Shopify is in charge of this account, and they're the best resource to help you with customer payment source.

Please be advised that Shopify collects the source info of card processed on your account.

Our business needs to know because citizens will be getting their allowance soon and we already have enquiries regarding this. Its for citizens over the age of 18 and its a big pie we need to be apart of.

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/202106/18/P2021061800842.htm

Please advise Shopify, Thank you

0 Likes
Ajay_kumar_dev
Shopify Partner
55 7 5

I understand your concern regarding the local business considered.  As per my point of view, everything points to local business (store, payment collection, bank account, Delivery option). have you talked with Shopify support? 

Expert Shopify Developer & Theme customizer
- If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
- Press Like ?? if the answer was helpful
- Still, Facing issue, Reach out to me Email :- kmajay8888@gmail.com | Skype :- kmajay888
0 Likes
hkpghkpg
11 0 0

Hi Ajay thank you for your reply.

May I know where I can ask support? Is it the live chat?
I need to renavigate and try to get to that point again as it always goes to leave a ticket.

I have also tried and reached Shopify discord server, but they told me to contact Stripe as they do the payment processing.

Many thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Ajay_kumar_dev
Shopify Partner
55 7 5

You can directly live chat at https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

live_chat.png

Expert Shopify Developer & Theme customizer
- If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
- Press Like ?? if the answer was helpful
- Still, Facing issue, Reach out to me Email :- kmajay8888@gmail.com | Skype :- kmajay888
0 Likes