Urgent: Submit your photo ID to verify!!! Problem experience by many users - UK

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

Hi, I tried both passport, and UK driving license.... keeps returning the same error. "The photo ID you uploaded was not valid. To continue using Shopify Payments, resubmit your photo ID in order to verify your identity. Tried at least 4 time ( photos and Names are clear in the documents). Name of UK bank account, and name of the shopify "your account" are the same. You have no way to contact a real person to fix this problem using the help. This seems to be a problem that a lot of people are experiencing. Could someone from you team please assist and fix this issue. ThanksScreenshot 2020-07-09 at 16.01.00.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

This has been resolved after talking to support and validating account --- Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@Agx10 I'm having the same issue! How exactly was the matter resolved after? Shopify is taking quiet a while to get back to me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

Hi @Moya_Kehoe, You will have to speak directly "chat" with support and they should be able to guide you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@Agx10 Ok thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

How was this resolved? My head is spinning with this same error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
To resolve this issue I had to discuss the matter personally with a Shopify staff member through email. You’ll have to contact Shopify directly via chat or email. I had a few problems as to why my verification was invalid. The main factor was due to me being underage.
You won’t be able to solve the issue without sourcing further assistance from Shopify.
I hope you resolve the issue!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Ok, thanks, my next problem is though, the chat feature seems to have vanished and I can't find a single email address for support, do you have an email for them? Thank you so much

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
I understand the difficulty in trying to actually find contact. 
In order to find support follow the steps below:
1. Got to Shopify’s websites home page.
2. Scroll down to the footer menu and click ‘24/7 support’
3. From here you’ll be asked to enter a topic of concern. Enter any topic of concern, press search. 
4. On this newly loaded page, scroll down to the bottom. Here you’ll see a heading ‘Get support’ and a button ‘continue.’ Press continue.
5. You should now be on a page where you can make contact with Shopify via email, chat, twitter or phone.

I hope this helped! 
0 Likes