Use of a shopify site for selling real estate

Highlighted
1 0 0

Does anyone use a simple shopify site to sell real estate?  I purchase land at whole sale prices and then sell it to retail end buyers with financing in house.  I want to be able to "list" dozens of properties, sort them according to size, location, and price, and be able to drive traffic to the site via CL ads and traditional marketing.  

Is this possible?  Or am I better off using a basic site built on a CMS?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 0 36

You could certainly use Shopify for this. If you didn't want to actually process the transaction through Shopify, you could change the "Add to Cart" button to a "Contact Us" button. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can i change the 'add to cart' button to 'contact us' or a 'contact form' for a selective collection or smart collection?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
129 0 11

Jasper - I've done it by creating a alternate template just for those products with a different call-to-action, but I then had to go in and change the template on each individual product rather than apply it to an entire category. I'm not sure of an easier way... but this may help

http://support.shopify.com/customer/portal/articles/263930-creating-and-using-an-alternate-template-...

Stacelynn
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi

We would like to setup real estate website with auction side as well or preferably property auctions . I noticed the product auctions app. Think this could work? We are based in South Africa. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Cashboxventures.  Please tell me if you find a solution to this.  I am also looking to set up an online real estate auction shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I found easy auction platform but still looking at shopify as I like the layouts and other features. I will add some properties to it then add the auction app and see how it goes. Would luv to see a property auction site built with shopify if anyone got a link?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Can this be done with auctioning of properties on shopify. I saw 2 auction apps on shopify store. Not sure which is best. Any advice?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey @Cashboxventures I am also in SA (Cape Town) currently setting up an auction website for an auction company based abroad.  I would be happy to talk about my progress.  I saw your post talking about EasyAuctions.  That software doesn't look fantastic, is it functioning well?

0 Likes