Use section data in other page/template

Highlighted
4 0 0

So to be more specific, I have Careers page, and this page is using page.careers.liquid template, inside this template I'm including careers-template section {% section 'careers-template' %}. Inside careers-template I have defined schema 

{% schema %}

{

"name": "Careers",

"class": "careers-section",

"max_blocks": 10,

"blocks" : [

{

"type": "career",

"name": "Career",

"settings": [

{

"type": "text",

"id": "name",

"label": "Name"

},

{

"type": "text",

"id": "location",

"label": "Location"

},

{

"type": "textarea",

"id": "description",

"label": "Description"

},

{

"id": "position_available",

"type": "checkbox",

"label": "Position Available?",

"default": false

}

]

}

]

}

{% endschema %}

The thing is I have another page Apply For Job, with apply-for-job-template, and I need to pass the career section to this page. I'm searching around for a few days, but I can't find a soution nor I can figure out something. Any help suggestion would be usefull cause I'm lost here...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1839 176 680

Hey Dimitar,

Is the "Apply For Job" template for a Page? If it's a page you cannot add sections. Sections (dynamic or static ones) can only be added to the home of your storefront (3rd paragraph here and something Shopify fail to mention more prominently elsewhere when they speak of sections.

To achieve similar "compose-ability" you'd need to do quite a bit of creative coding in Liquid or look to some page builder apps in the store.

Hope that helps!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey Karl,

Yes apply-for-job-template is for a Page. So far the only way of achieving this, I came up with, is to include careers-template section into page.apply-for-job.liquid ( ex. {% section 'careers-template' %} ) but it doesn't seem like the wright choice.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 5

Hi @Dimitar1 

I just thought I'd mention that we recently made an app called Careers Page Pro that creates your career listings and application pages, but more importantly it also allows job seekers to upload their resume when applying which is something you can't do with liquid alone.

0 Likes