Useful and important links for creating your first Shopify theme

1 0 0

Looks like a great point to start playing with Shopify. Thank you for sharing these resources.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

Jamie Chief Officer of Funness shopify.com/plus Posts:5862 Last edited December 23, 2013

Hi Shabayek, We have plans in the new year for a Windows compatible theme tool as well. It's something we are aware of and hope to produce.

is this any closer?  New to shopify and unfortunatley haven't got the budget for a mac yet?  Could anyone suggest any pc alternatives.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1705 47 152

@Tamarind Randall

http://themekit.cat/ was released 2+ years ago.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
5 0 0

I think that every person chooses tools he/she is comfortable with. I, for example, used to use Sitey a lot, it’s a free site builder with a decent design functionality. Here’s an article about some of these free site builders. You can practice and train your skills using them and after a while you’ll understand what works best for you. I think you should try as many options as you can in order to choose which one is the best for you and which one has everything you need.

0 Likes
5 0 0

I think that every person chooses tools he/she is comfortable with. I, for example, used to use Sitey a lot, it’s a free site builder with a decent design functionality. Here’s an article about some of these free site builders. You can practice and train your skills using them and after a while you’ll understand what works best for you. I think you should try as many options as you can in order to choose which one is the best for you and which one has everything you need.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

4 Essential Tips for Building Your First Shopify Theme

• Spend some time with Liquid
  • Leverage the Timber theme framework
  • Familiarize yourself with the theme review process
  • Get creative with your design
0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 2

Some of the links on top are broken. Could Jamie please revise and update? Thank you!

Visit our store: https://www.fortheageless.com/ and our blog on Healthspan, Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation https://www.fortheageless.com/blogs/ageless-buzz
1 Like
2 0 0

The truth is, the subject and format of your online store is the thing that typifies your image and item. It's a visual portrayal of your business and all that you, and your product(s) remain for. 

In addition, it can have a critical effect on the execution of your online store as far as change rates, dependability, and that's just the beginning. 

There's a considerable amount of various data readily available that backings particular subject formats and how they're styled. For example, most Internet clients take a gander at a site in a "F" molded example. That implies that, as a rule, sites that have a solid header and a sidebar on the left hand side of the site are most instinctive for first-time clients. 

Something else to note, is that a decent topic and web architecture is a solid trust marker. 94% of Internet clients refer to website composition as a reason they don't put stock in specific sites. In the event that your site looks shady, odds are it'll negatively affect your business.

0 Likes
2 0 0

The truth is, the subject and format of your online store is the thing that typifies your image and item. It's a visual portrayal of your business and all that you, and your product(s) remain for. 

In addition, it can have a critical effect on the execution of your online store as far as change rates, dependability, and that's just the beginning. 

There's a considerable amount of various data readily available that backings particular subject formats and how they're styled. For example, most Internet clients take a gander at a site in a "F" molded example. That implies that, as a rule, sites that have a solid header and a sidebar on the left hand side of the site are most instinctive for first-time clients. 

Something else to note, is that a decent topic and web architecture is a solid trust marker. 94% of Internet clients refer to website composition as a reason they don't put stock in specific sites. In the event that your site looks shady, odds are it'll negatively affect your business.

0 Likes
Tourist
48 0 3

Thanks Jamie for putting out alltogether valuable resources for making Shopify theme. I'd like to add that Shopify launched Training Camp for Shopify partners to easily get started with making Shopify themes / apps and approaching to customers.

0 Likes