User Management

Solved
Cmartin2112
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

Does anyone have a solution for user account reporting?  I would like to generate a report that shows all users that have access to the Shopify store.  Not customers, staff users.  I'd need to reconcile the Shopify users with a list of active employees.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1027 95 242

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Cmartin2112!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

You don't need to generate a report to find out how many users have access to your Shopify admin. Instead, you can access this information by heading to Settings > Users and permissions. There, you'll notice a Staff section, where you can see a list of your store's staff accounts and their recent login history. You can then reconcile these staff accounts with your list of active employees.

If you'd like to keep track of what your staff has been doing, you can view recent store activity from the Home page on your admin, where you'll notice an Activity feed. There, you'll see a list of recent actions that have been taken on your account.

Aside from a list of staff accounts, what other information were you hoping to gather by generating a report?

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Cmartin2112
Tourist
5 0 1

Julie, Thanks for the reply!  I just need a way to export all users of our Shopify store into a report in preparation for an identity and access audit.  If it's a simple as you stated, I must have overlooked this feature.  We plan to eventually move to integration with our Azure AD for SSO, but that's a few months away.

Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1027 95 242

No problem, @Cmartin2112! I'm glad to hear that helped. 

Feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions.

Cmartin2112
Tourist
5 0 1

Sorry Julie... I think I'm still missing what I looking for.  I don't need an export of user activity, but a spreadsheet that I can get out out Shopify that shows all users.  I'm I just oblivious?

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1027 95 242

No worries! 

There isn't a "staff report" available through Shopify since your staff accounts can be easily accessed through Settings > Users and permissions. If you'd like an offline record of those staff accounts, then I recommend creating a spreadsheet in Google Sheets or Excel and adding the names of your staff accounts there.

I totally understand that you may not need to view recent activity, but I just wanted to let you know that this feature exists should you need it in the future.

I hope this clears things up, but feel free to follow up here if you need anything else!

Cmartin2112
Tourist
5 0 1

Got it.  Thank you Julie.  How about getting all user accounts on a single screen so I can copy them all at once instead of page by page?  Is that an option?

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1027 95 242

You're welcome. 

It sounds like you may have quite a few staff accounts; without seeing your admin here on my end, it's quite difficult to determine how you can get those accounts all within a single screen. I did get a chance to test out how this looks on my own test store, however. With 10 staff accounts on my store, I'm able to see them all within a single page: 

21-04-cqgqa-gtbkh

Your view should be similar to this, but if you are being prompted to navigate to another page, then you'll just need to do so in order to view the other accounts. At the moment, there isn't a workaround for this. 

I hope this clears things up!

Cmartin2112
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you Julie.  You have been extremely helpful.  Does Shopify have a feature request process?  Being able to show all accounts on a single page would be a great workaround for not being able to export into a spreadsheet.

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1027 95 242

No problem at all.

We most definitely have an internal system in place for submitting feature requests. I do see how it would be useful to export a list of staff accounts, especially for stores with a large number of staff accounts, and I'd be happy to share this suggestion with our developers.

Out of curiosity, how many staff accounts do you have? Are you a Shopify Plus merchant?

0 Likes