Using Shopify and IG Shopping in Barbados

Highlighted
1 0 0

Good day,

i am interested in setting up an Instagram store for my business in Barbados and would like to know when these services will be available in Barbados. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
559 28 187

Hi, @iLANDNative

This is Rae from Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out with this question, and welcome to the Shopify Community! 

At this time, Instagram Shopping is only available for businesses in these locations, which are determined by Instagram. Since Barbados isn't on this list, I recommend contacting Instagram directly by following these steps, and submitting a request to have Barbados added as an eligible location.

I know Instagram can be an important tool for businesses, so I'll pass this feedback along to our teams here at Shopify, too. With this in mind, can you tell me a bit more about how you were hoping to use Instagram for your store? That way, I can share your specific use case and thoughts with our teams directly. 

In the meantime though, there are some other useful ways that merchants can promote their Shopify stores with Instagram, such as: 

• Adding a link to your Shopify store in the bio of your Instagram Business account. You can find some more creative Instagram bio ideas here
  • Running ads on Instagram that direct customers back to your Shopify site. 

I also recommend checking out the Instagram Marketing section of our blog to read more about using Instagram Stories, getting more followers, and finding popular hashtags.  

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes