Using Tags for products, and seeing them in the main Order list page? Is it possible?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have a situation where I have some products that include custom work after the order. So, a customer will choose this product, order it, and all is good. BUT, when I go to the order list, I of course have no way to know if an order contains a custom thing or not, and I have to manually open every single order one at a time to see if it's custom, so I can pass it on to a specific employee for processing. 

What I need is a way to see at a glance if an order has a custom product in it. I assigned a Tag, "CUSTOM" to each product that is in fact custom, and hoped that when an order came in, I'd see in the far right column under Tags, this CUSTOM word. Then I'd know to open that and send it on to the right person.

But that doesn't seem to work. I also thought I'd just hit the "More Filters" button, and search CUSTOM by Tag, but that again does not find any products.

Why not? Is this exactly what Tags are for? What am I missing?

Here's a screen capture to see what I'm dealing with:

http://www.graphikjam.com/imagestuff/ketch1.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
144 13 31

The order list displays order tags, not product tags. You may want to look into an app for tagging your orders automatically based on certain products being ordered. Once your orders are tagged it will appear in the order list.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

First time Shopifier here, and that's  the type of info I need. I'm familiar with WordPress, WooCommerce, Plugins, and all that world. So I'll look for a plugin that can do this. Thanks. Any chance you have a suggestion of one? I can search for one, just wondering.

0 Likes