Using Wordpress together with Shopify (within same domain)

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello there, I'll write in bullet points as to make it easier.

1. I am currently using the 'Debut' theme on Shopify, but the problem with it is that its blog function is heavily reduced and I would like to use Wordpress instead for my shop's blog.

2. I contacted customer service with my domain host, and they said that they can only point the nameserver to one domain - either Shopify's or theirs.

3. How is it possible that some online shops in Shopify can have a wordpress blog on the same domain?

tl;dr: I want to use wordpress instead of the shopify blog, but having nameserver issues since they are in the same domain. Is there a tutorial as how to make this possible? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Aaron,

A WordPress blog can not be setup on a Shopify domain due to DNS limitations. However, what you're probably seeing with other stores is that either Shopify or WordPress is on a sub-domain.

So you'd have your Shopify store like yourstore.com and then your blog as a sub-domain like blog.yourstore.com. You can also do the other way around like store.yourblog.com and yourblog.com.

I'd really encourage you to explore the key requirements of your blog. While Shopify is not a blogging platform, it has the key features most stores need. The benefits and costs of adding another system into your tech stack needs to be understood.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Josh_Uebergang I am facing a similar issue. Do you think it is better to use WordPress for blogging and Shopify for a storefront? I guess just Shopify makes limits for SEO setups? I was thinking to have a blog with the store. Second, how can we configure the store with a subdomain such as  store.mydomain.com ?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Most stores do not need WordPress to blog. I said this 3 years ago and the same remains true, which I'll emphasize:

I'd really encourage you to explore the key requirements of your blog. While Shopify is not a blogging platform, it has the key features most stores need. The benefits and costs of adding another system into your tech stack needs to be understood.

If you're interested in setting up WordPress on a sub-domain, then there are plenty of articles to help you do so.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes